EVO - ActiveSync will not stop trying to SyncSupport

Last Updated:

1. mrlin007

mrlin007 New Member This Topic's Starter

I got my Evo last week and within the past few days I noticed at times the ActiveSync starts up adn will continue to try to sync my emials which is totally draining my battery life. The first time I noticed it, my phone was very warm adn the sync ICON on teh top of the phone appeared. Being a new user to the EVO (and android) i started looking into it further and when I woudl view the sync status within the Exchange Account, the circle would roll, reset for a splt second and start again. It would never make it to teh calendar or contact as it just tried to get the email over and over again. Next, I tried to turn off... no luck. Eventually, I removed the account adn then reestablished and that seemed to fix the problem... temporarily. Within the next 18-24 hours it did it again and I am now seeing it once a day. Any thoughts on why or how to fix this issue?

Advertisement
  2. t0ast3d

t0ast3d Well-Known Member

Settings > Accounts & Sync > Auto-sync off

3. mrlin007

Well I want it to auto-sync adn have it "push" me my emials when the come into the exchange server. What is the point of activesync if I turn off the auto-sync. Am I missing something?

4. jschultz21

jschultz21 New Member

Did you fix this problem? I am having the same problem now and I don't know how to fix it.

5. mrlin007

This goes awhile back and if memory serves me correclty, it was that I had to many emails in my inbox. I think Microsoft says somethign like 10K emails is okay but once you get over that it stats to have a hard time indexing the emails adn is unable to push the data out.

I would first look at your exchange inbox and make sure to move any old emails that will help you bring down over 10K.

If that does not work I would end up re-establishign the exchange account adn it seemed to work. have not had any real problems once I stated monitoring the emails in exchange.

hope that helps.