1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Evo and Bluetooth controller.

Last Updated:

1. gopens

gopens Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was curious if I bought a Bluetooth video game controller, would it work for my nintendo games I play on my Evo. If it does work, can anybody recommend a good controller.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G.

Advertisement
  2. Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels Well-Known Member

wow seriously no one has a comment i would love an answer to this as well

3. skewbasteve

skewbasteve Member

As of now there's only 2 bluetooth controllers that are compatible with Android phones. The MSI BGP-100 and the Zeemote JS1. Also whats required is the use of the Gamepro driver. Trial can be downloaded from the market. Hope this helps!

4. acidarmitage

acidarmitage Well-Known Member

i thought they didn't work with SenseUI

5. Rob_A

Rob_A Well-Known Member

I want one too but there doesn't seem to be any traditional gamepads or ways to hook up wii remote or PS3 controller.

PSP is still the way to go for portable retro gaming I guess

6. gopens

gopens Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I thought I saw somebody on YouTube using a Bluetooth controller on a HTC HD2. I figured they would've the same. But I guess since they are 2 different OS, that makes sense.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G

7. Braaainz

Braaainz Well-Known Member

Okay... here are the links. Just be sure and hit the "THANKS" button for my post

You want the GAMEPRO drivers
    http://www.mymobilegear.com/GameProAn.php

Here is their forum thread about it working with the Evo
    HTC Evo with GamePro Tips - My Mobile Gear - Mobile Community

Here is the instruction manual link
    http://www.mymobilegear.com/download...ser_Manual.pdf

I saw a reference that a zeemote won't work but a BGP100 game controller will.

I can't vouch for dealextreme.com, but here is a description of the controller that is supposed to work.
    DealExtreme: $24.28 MSI BGP100 Bluetooth Gamepad (1*AAA Battery Included)

I HAVE NOT USED THESE DRIVERS OR GAMEPAD. I tried using the Keypro drivers with my Freedom Pro Keyboard and Evo, but couldn't get them to work. I ended up using the keyboard drivers created by the keyboard manufacturer. Still, the Keypro developer did provide feedback to me when I was trying to get his product to work.

doug4823 and jwade80 like this.
  8. zonexfx

zonexfx Member

9. Asterdroid

Asterdroid Well-Known Member

Ok. Just to clarify, I personally beta tested the GamePro drivers for the HTC Incredible, and they work great with the MSI BGP100. It's worth the 10 bucks. I also purchased my controller from dealsextreme, and they were great to deal with. It shipped faster than the estimated shipping time frame on the website. Only issue with the MSI BGP100 device is there's no L2/R2 buttons. Other than that it's great. I haven't experienced any button press delays or anything. Action games work great.

10. n8mack33

n8mack33 New Member

Looking to grab a BGP100 but it seems to be OOS or expensive anywhere I can find it, including ebay.

11. takethewall

takethewall Active Member

You can use a Wii remote, but you need to be rooted and running CyanogenMod for the updated Bluetooth stack. And also download the program from the market to sync it.

12. xkronusx

xkronusx New Member

this might be a side topic to this, but i was wondering if anyone knew if theres a way to mod a wii classic controller to be standalone.

purpose being theres no really good bluetooth controllers out there that are that portable, from what i know you can use a wii classic controller with a wiimote but that requires carring 2 controllers.

i figure there has to be a way to either gut a wii mote and modify the existing casing of the wii classic controller.

or

use a wii classic controller and add a power source/bluetooth dongle, i mean the controller is made to use another source of power and bluetooth.

thoughts?