EVO / Android BT Music Streaming?

Last Updated:

1. Funksultan

Funksultan Member This Topic's Starter

Hiya all,

LOVE my EVO. As it's a year of upgrades for me, I also decided to stop living in the past and picked up a new 2010 Toyota Venza.

The base radio on the Venza dominates. Toyota's new dedication to advanced consoles and tech is right on point. There's even a built in holder in the dash that secures my EVO upright, with a connection for my USB power cord.

I even got the bluetooth music streaming to work. Awesome. I get into the car, and right away, it starts streaming my music right to the bluetooth stereo.

That's where my brain melted.

I seem to only be able to play the album that I was currently listening to in the music app. I can switch tracks, but that's all I can seem to do from the car controls.

The most frustrating part is, I have NO idea where to go for information.

Toyota? Nah. They give simple instructions on how to get it started, but that's about it. I'm there already.

It's really an android thing, but it's kind of a fusion between the two. What functionality does Android expose for BT streaming, and which of those functions does the Toyota interface have a "hook" into?

For that matter, it could be my inexperience with the EVO music player. Does it support playlists, linked playlists, random playlists, etc, etc. For that matter, can I download a different/better media player that will help me facilitate streaming better?

Too many questions, and shockingly, Google isn't coming back with the detailed help I was expecting.

Off to the forums we go! Anyone have a link to advanced directions for this combo? If not, does anyone wanna type out a quick primer of what you can do, what you can't, and what works best?

Huge thanks in advance! Rock on EVO people!

Dave

p.s. I know, completely different subject, but FYI, my battery life of 4 hours was cured by spending the $10 for 2 batteries and a charger on ebay. Now up to 28-30 hours with 4G constantly pumping and moderate use. Whew! It's a phone again!

Advertisement
  2. RaiseUp151z

RaiseUp151z Well-Known Member

I'm waiting on those extra batteries..been about a week can't wait.

I love Bluetooth streaming also. Out of curiosity I have two questions for u:

1) are u using any dock program?
    2) when ur streaming music in the car...and somebody calls u ...does it ring through car speakers? That annoys me so much and any notifications it plays through car speakers and disrupts the music.

Sent from Evolcious

3. Funksultan

Funksultan Member This Topic's Starter

1. No dock program for me. Not really familiar with any, although I might be willing to give one a shot if there's some useful productivity.

2. When the phone rings, it fades out the music, and announces the call, giving me the option to pick up. It has to do this, as you might be jamming out, and the phone call would be lost....

D

p.s. Christ, how old AM I? Did I just say "jamming out"?!? Wow. Tubular. Tubular to the MAX.