EVO (Android) Sync software for Mac's?

Last Updated:

1. Kazrell

Kazrell Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I read some old posts about syncing Android devices with Macs. My question: is there something new or more robust than the "missing sync"?

I want to sync my contacts/calender and to a lessor extent my music with the EVO when I get mines on June 4th.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

What would you like to sync the phone with? You can sync your local contacts with Outlook or Google then to your phone.

The nice thing about this is once you use an online service like Google or Exchange, you contacts will always be someplace that you can access via desktop, laptop, phone, etc. and always up to date. It was frustrating the first time I had to get contacts off an old phone and into a desktop program then synced to a phone and up to Google but since then I have not been tied to any desktop or program.

3. hookem12387

hookem12387 Well-Known Member

I dont think google syncs with address book, if that's what he's using

4. djdisturbed

djdisturbed Well-Known Member

5. omegahack

omegahack New Member

Kazrell likes this.
  6. djdisturbed

yeah it does, BUT it depends on what version of OS you are on (they dropped google sync in a few of the OS updates)

7. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

As much as people talk about "the cloud" this and that, I have found it incredibly useful to have all my stuff from my phone and computers kept in sync via an online solution. With an always-connected device it makes sense. I haven't had to dock and sync a phone since my Treo 650. Everything is just always there.

8. jonorjonathan

jonorjonathan Well-Known Member

for syncing music and other media doubletwist is supposed to be very comparable to an experience you would have with itunes. i haven't used it though so i don't know first hand.

Kazrell likes this.
  9. hookem12387

10. ktambascio

ktambascio Member

tunesync will sync your music from windows or osx to your android phone.

11. Kazrell

Kazrell Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Wow gents thanks for all the info. I'm sort of surprised that Android hasn't formally come up with a solution for contacts/music and calender syncing. However looking at my options and suggestions from you guys (missing sync, doubletwist and googles integrated contact sync) I think I'll be able to manage most of it.

One great think iPhone had with Macs was there cloud based syncing which was pretty much seamless - and I was able to save folders/files to a mobileme service which really helped at times. I'll have to look to see if Google Docs works similarly.

Thanks Again

12. hookem12387

Look into dropbox. As easy as the iDrive and totally free

PapaNoHair likes this.
  13. djdisturbed

Well, missingsync allows you to sync whenever you get close to your computer, all the google syncs are cloud based (thats how i keep my pre synced w/ my mac for everything but music, but contacts, music, calender will cloud sync w/ your google account, just have to set it up on you individual apps on your mac once you have your google account set up, which you can go ahead and do now even before you get your phone)

14. skinnyguy

skinnyguy Well-Known Member

15. djdisturbed

iCal and Accress book already sync w/ google w/out any other software help. I recomend missingsync b/c of the other stuff that spaningsync wont do

16. BColl28967

BColl28967 Member

I also use Missing Sync for Android, works great syncing Contacts and Calendar as well as Media plugins.

After chatting with their support, I found that Calendar syncing is available now in a free preview version:

Beta and Preview Software - Mark/Space, Inc.

djdisturbed likes this.