EVO as an Alarm Clock

1. Waflsk8s

Waflsk8s Active Member

I wanted to use this phone as an alarm clock and use it in landscape mode using the kickstand. Is there a way to do this normally or does an app have to be made to use the accelerometer or something?

Advertisement
    :
  2. THEFORCE

THEFORCE Well-Known Member

i think saw an app on one of the reviews that said desk clock so it might b in there
  3. SirSlayer

SirSlayer Well-Known Member

Android 2.1 has Desk Clock so you will be able to do this.
  4. mx7

mx7 Well-Known Member

Make sure not to accidentally slam the "alarm's" snooze button in the morning and break its stand.
  5. Waflsk8s

Waflsk8s Active Member

does Desk Clock, or other similar apps, work in landscape mode (or do they go into landscape mode when tilted?)
  6. Eguy

Eguy Well-Known Member

I like Kaloer Clock from the market better than Desk Clock.
  7. jjon729

jjon729 Member

I use my current phone as an alarm clock, but hate getting woken up by texts or drunk calls from friends at 3:00 in the morning. Does anyone know if the Evo would support turning off the ringer and still leaving the volume on for the alarm? It seems like a level of customization that we should be able to expect, but my current (three-year-old) phone doesn't allow for that.
  8. THEFORCE

THEFORCE Well-Known Member

android has the option to make it ring when volume is down
  9. ejchis

ejchis Well-Known Member

Blackberry has a bedside mode where everything is silent except the alarm. I have mine set to go into bedside mode whenever I place it in the charging dock (or on any charger for that matter). I would love to have this same functionality when I put the EVO on the charger.
  10. Brumeister

Brumeister Member

Yes, my BB Storm does this. I can turn off all notifications and just have the phone ring if we get a phone call. It never fails if I forget to set this I always get those emails at 4am. (BING) I hope this Evo does this as well.
  11. jonorjonathan

jonorjonathan Well-Known Member

i know i've heard of an app that will silence all of your texts and e-mails at night... can't think of it at the moment.
  12. DaytonaZ33

DaytonaZ33 Well-Known Member

There is no app needed. If you place the phone in silent, the alarm will still ring through it.

But is it Locale that you are thinking of?
  13. pingpongboss

pingpongboss Well-Known Member

Yes

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using Tapatalk
  14. IrishPilot

IrishPilot Well-Known Member

But will phone calls? I am a former blackberry user as well, and loved the option to simply-quickly set the phone so that the only noise it would make at night was phone calls and the alarm. Is there a way to do this with the EVO?
  15. laredo7mm

laredo7mm Well-Known Member

Wow, old thread....lol

Check out an app called Simple Sound Profile. I also came from a BB and missed not having the sound profiles in Android.

Here is the QR for it:

[​IMG]
  16. sk0rpius

sk0rpius Active Member

Go into your volume controls and you have 4 separate volume choices: ringer, media, notifications and last but not least ALARM. turn the other three all the way down and crank up the Alarm... easy to do no app needed
  17. slugbug

slugbug Well-Known Member

Quick Profiles. Works well. Stock click will go landscape and work as an alarm
  18. daddyd302

daddyd302 Well-Known Member

Is there an app that let's only certain calls get through when it's on silent mode? I use the alarm but I turn it to silent mode to silence everything except the alarm.
  19. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Well-Known Member

Setting Profiles will do that.
  20. jediknight36

jediknight36 Well-Known Member

So for this I need an app called Desk Clock and profiles?
  21. hitekalex

hitekalex Well-Known Member

No need for any extra apps - HTC Desk Clock has night mode and alarms ring when the phone is in silent mode:

[​IMG]
    jediknight36 likes this.
  22. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

yes. to all the questions on alarms...

if it dont come with stock apps with the phone and OS.. there is an app out there that does..
  23. jediknight36

jediknight36 Well-Known Member

COOOOOOL! The emails an such dont bug me anymore, at least not on my pre. Hmm, maybe I should try to mute them now.
  24. slschmidt76

slschmidt76 Well-Known Member

I use mine for the alarm as well. You can turn the phone's volume off and it will still ring.
  25. joehornback

joehornback Well-Known Member

DO a search in the app market for sweet dreams. It'll do exactly what you are looking for and it's FREE! :)