• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EVO as second monitor???

danj1111

Jun 14, 2010
any software to make my evo work as a second/third monitor?

to clarify, I'd like to be able to connect my evo to the computer using the
usb cable and have it show my computer's desktop as a second or third monitor. (I already have 2, but would like a 3rd for playing movies or something)

just a thought. Thanks!

I am also looking for this I have a laptop with a broken screen that I want to take to work so I am not takin my nice one everyday. The other one was nice till my son decided he wanted to step on it and yep no more screen... LOL he is 2 and was an accident but would be nice for it not to go to waste.

Thanks
Dj

this wouldnt really help you as it would require configuration and setup on the laptop also. but you could always get a used cheap LCD off of craigslist or u can get a new 19" monitor for under $100 bucks anywhere.

Upvote 0
You can try this App. It may not let you use your PC as a second monitor but you can fully use your Mobile Device to minipulate your PC over an Internet connection to your PC and a WIFI/3G+ on your Device. I use it quite frequentely.
You may even be able to use it as a second monitor.
Try setting it up and see if you can grab it with your phone. If not, email the developer, I am sure they can get something going.

PhoneMyPC
by SoftwareForMe Inc.
10,000 downloads, 2795 ratings (4.4 avg)
$9.99
rating9.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones