EVO as second monitor???

1. danj1111

danj1111 Member

any software to make my evo work as a second/third monitor?

to clarify, I'd like to be able to connect my evo to the computer using the
    usb cable and have it show my computer's desktop as a second or third monitor. (I already have 2, but would like a 3rd for playing movies or something)

just a thought. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. drewawilliams

drewawilliams Active Member

I am also looking for this kind of an app.. there is one for iPad called Air display, i hope some devs jump on this!
  3. djrottweiler

djrottweiler Well-Known Member

I am also looking for this I have a laptop with a broken screen that I want to take to work so I am not takin my nice one everyday. The other one was nice till my son decided he wanted to step on it and yep no more screen... LOL he is 2 and was an accident but would be nice for it not to go to waste.

Thanks
    Dj
  4. That would be awesome, but i dont see it happening any time soon.

I can see a lot of uses for it: keep media player playlist open on the phone, photoshop pallete's, bookmarks while in a browser.
  5. drewawilliams

this wouldnt really help you as it would require configuration and setup on the laptop also. but you could always get a used cheap LCD off of craigslist or u can get a new 19" monitor for under $100 bucks anywhere.
  6. rican408

rican408 Well-Known Member

I would also like to know if hdmi in is a possibility. I work for a cable company. Sometimes I install at homes with no tv. Instead of rescheduling I could use my phone to show there set top box works....
  7. jds4000

jds4000 Well-Known Member

I'd like to see my EVO levitate. Any software for that?
  8. drewawilliams

I bet you could skip it across the river..
    cubanitoloko23 and Ramzes13 like this.
  9. Crodley

Crodley Well-Known Member

You'd like to see your EVO levitate what? If you just want it to levitate a feather, yes, there's an app for that, but with the battery life as it is, I don't think it can levitate a car for very long...but think of how nice that would be in a traffic jam!
  10. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

Real funny guys, but lets not take this thread off course.

How about using a USB KVM switch.

TS
  11. drewawilliams

here is the link for the ipad app..
    someone could look into what they did to make it work and figure out a solution for android
  12. unplugged1

unplugged1 Well-Known Member

The basic question is whether the HDMI jack on the Evo is only an output, or is it capable of input also?

I would think that it is only for output and thus you can't use it for receiving signals.
  13. drewawilliams

well it works over wifi for the ipad, and shows up as a secondary monitor, basically would be like VNCing to a second screen.
    I have not seen anything to support input over hdmi
  14. bobotus

bobotus New Member

It should be pretty simple in fact:

1. Create a virtual second monitor on your system. Pretty simple in windows: ZoneOS ZoneScreen
    2. start a vnc-server on that virtual monitor
    3. use a vnc-client for android to connect to that second screen

So in the end you'll have a virtual second screen that is visible in you android device...
  15. Matlock

Matlock Well-Known Member

You can try this App. It may not let you use your PC as a second monitor but you can fully use your Mobile Device to minipulate your PC over an Internet connection to your PC and a WIFI/3G+ on your Device. I use it quite frequentely.
    You may even be able to use it as a second monitor.
    Try setting it up and see if you can grab it with your phone. If not, email the developer, I am sure they can get something going.

[table][tr][td][​IMG][/td][td]PhoneMyPC
    by SoftwareForMe Inc.
    10,000 downloads, 2795 ratings (4.4 avg)
    [/td][td]$9.99
    [​IMG][/td][/tr][/table]