evo availability

Last Updated:

1. tbta02

tbta02 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

im thinking of dropping verizon and called sprint store by me to see if it was available .they told me no its first come first serve only to check back .then asked a question about plans and service and he told me if its a new activation he could have one for me the same night sent over from another store .i asked him i thought it was first come first serve only and he said not for new activations .its kind of like if i was a customer already it would be okay to screw me but since they want my buis they will get me an evo .

Advertisement
  2. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member

until this past quarter, sprint has been bleeding customers to competitors for almost 4 years. the preference to new customers, while annoying to the loyal, is understandable

3. smoohead

smoohead New Member

Yeah I got screwed over as well.

My BB curve was stolen 2 weeks ago and I had an upgrade available. I went in to Radio Shack and got another BB because they didn't have the EVO in stock. They told me that when they get one in, I can exchange it for an Evo.

Yesterday I went hunting and I found 2 Radio Shacks that had one in stock. Both places refused to sell it to me for the upgrade price and said that I had to be a new Sprint activation.

What gives??! I was told by a couple other locations to contact the district manager and that they weren't technically allowed to refuse me so I called and left a message yesterday.

This is bull because I know that people have gotten the phone with upgrade before.

4. HiDef

HiDef Active Member

I just finished the upgrade at Radio Shack - in fact I had my name on a list and they called me two days ago. In San Diego it seems the phones have finally started trickling in as I got a call from a second Shack yesterday.

5. backdown

backdown Well-Known Member

I work at Radioshack and i can tell you that they are not allowed to do that, all they're doing is simply waiting to get more commission from the phone.