evo battery life

Last Updated:

1. navptl

navptl New Member This Topic's Starter

Any one have any idea of what the battery life will be like on the htc evo? So far sprint has not released any official numbers. If their are any sprint employees out there playing around with the evo you would be best ones to know.

Advertisement
  2. gabbott

gabbott Well-Known Member

Personally, I'm not expecting it to be all that great, to get a full day with moderate usage without turning off all kinds of features, I'm expecting to need an extended battery.

3. njbianco

njbianco Well-Known Member

I don't expect it to be that great as I don't expect any phone with a 1 ghz processor and all the specs of this phone to have that great of battery life.

4. Aridon

Aridon Well-Known Member

Hopefully with moderate usage we will get a full day. That may be wishful thinking. Probably achievable turning some of the goodies off like gps, blue tooth and keeping brightness down.

5. Ice-Man1

Ice-Man1 Member

I have a friend that works for Sprint, he's been playing with it ever since they received their practice demos. According to him the battery last a good while even after using NESroid for hours it only went down maybe 15%.

6. prettycocky

prettycocky Member

I actually expect it to be good, ofcourse it all depends on what you have running on it, but just check how the hd2 has a 1230 mAh Lion battery -- 6 hours average talk, 490 hours standby and 12 hours music playback , but the EVO has 1500 mAh. It'll be good in my book.

7. TheBlackPrince

TheBlackPrince Well-Known Member

I'm still going to buy the first extended battery available but I expect to get at least a full days worth with pretty decent usage.

8. jonorjonathan

jonorjonathan Well-Known Member

they have released some information... from the official EVO fact sheet:

"Battery life: 6 hours of talk time. Time may vary depending on 3G/4G coverage and usage."

it's pretty vague honestly. i doubt we'll truly know until these are released into the wild and tested.

Sprint | News Release

9. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

I'll see how the stock battery lasts first but I have a feeling it won't last me the day without me worrying if the phone is going to die or not and turning off stuff so I'll probably buy an extended battery. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised though.

10. 1Paladin

1Paladin Active Member

Most modern devices like this only last a short time on batteries. Most laptops only last 3 hours or so. If I can get 3 hours on a battery in a smart phone with medium to heavy usage, I am happy.

I have NEVER had a device that had good battery life. Even in the old days of my PDA;s, to my phones etc... For some reason I suck batteries faster than anything. Maybe I have a weird magnetic field around me or something i:Di

That is why I already bought the extended 1750 battery for the Hero (confirmed to work in the Evo by Keith Newman) for use with the Evo.

I will have it before I even get the Evo. i:Di

Seidio Innocell 1750mAh Extended Battery for CellularSouth HTC Hero / Sprint Hero - Android Central Store

11. chum1600

chum1600 Well-Known Member

I think I will see how long the stock battery last me. I barely get a full day out of my tour so I will have to see how it goes. Another teacher that I work with has an incredible and says they can make it a full day no problem and I know how hard she uses it too.

12. Fazz

Fazz Active Member

Lets do a little comparison... My girlfriend has the Incredible which has a 1300mAh battery... With moderate usage throughout the day she has to charge by the evening. The Evo has a 1500mAh battery, with a bigger screen. How much does 200mAh really help? Anyone know?

My suspicion is you will have to charge to make it through a 24 hour period with moderate usage.

13. RedWingsFan

RedWingsFan Well-Known Member

I can get a full day out of my tour if i'm not doing too much on it.

I could probably make it a full day no problem with a lot to spare if the signal at my house wasn't bad.

I figure with the EVO i'll just do the same as I do with my Tour. Keep a charging dock at my house and at the office. Also have a charging cable in the car. When it gets to 50%, throw it on the charger.

14. misterzeno

misterzeno Well-Known Member

Hopefully longer than my pre, I can literally watch the battery die. ........then again it is running at 800mhz :p

15. prettycocky

prettycocky Member

Isn't it bad to charge like that? I hear that if its not on low battery and you charge, you're going to kill the battery faster. The battery's capacity is going to dwindle

16. katmandoo122

katmandoo122 Well-Known Member

Hands on reviewers have reported 4-6 hours of time, not talk time, but usage time. Admittedly, that was heavy use. Also, Sprint has advised that 4g use in a 3g area sucks down juice much worse than 4g in 4g or 3g in 3g.

17. gabbott

With lithium batteries, that is not the case. It is not good to let them drain way down all the time. So charging at around 50% is a good thing, it is not going to wear the battery down faster by doing that.

18. dequardo

dequardo Well-Known Member

Not doubting you in the least but do you have a link to this? Thanks.

19. ayman86

ayman86 Well-Known Member

just a few days ago while i was getting out of the elevator going to my car, the battery percent was at 23%. when i got into my car, it was down to 0%. i was soo pissed off. how the hell does that happen. luckily i have a car charger.

i can never trust what it reports.

20. mrk

mrk Well-Known Member

From their review.

21. Crow

Crow Banned

I wouldnt call a few hours of battery life "champion". The reviewer is very inexperiance in smartphones.

22. gabbott

23. legacy

legacy Well-Known Member

24. Crow

Crow Banned

The reviewer from Engadget does not know anything about smartphones and it clearly showed in the review. They provided very little useful information and they called that a review. Even Sprint is admitting to turn off 4G to save battery life.

25. mrk

mrk Well-Known Member

You are an idiot.

blozout likes this.