Evo Benchmarking Video

Last Updated:

1. HtcEvoLemon

HtcEvoLemon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. evojoel

evojoel Well-Known Member

Proves that the Evo will be a beast with Froyo.

But seriously the Droid X is shaping up to be a pretty fierce phone as much as it pains me to say it. HTC needs to take notes.

3. HtcEvoLemon

Maybe, but still slower than the Droid X and even slower than the MyTouch Slide. According to this link

Galaxy S lineup leads the pack in Android GPU benchmarks – Android and Me

... the MyTouch Slide which runs at 600 mhz outperforms the Evo 4g on GPU Benchmarks.

I guess when the MyTouch Slide gets Froyo, it will beat out Evo also.

Evo is last place on all the benchmarks, from two different sites running the benchmarking.

4. evojoel

evojoel Well-Known Member

Well I still have an upgrade available since I can't seem to get my hands on an Evo, so I might just have to wait for the Samsung lineup.

5. HtcEvoLemon

I held a demo Droid X today, it was nice, appeared just a tad bit taller than the EVO. I think both the Droid X and Evo are not practical everyday phones. They seem too big to lug around when you are shopping, out with friends, etc etc.

I'm waiting for a store to put a display of Galaxy up. I think The Galaxy will be the perfect size. 4 inch Super AmoLed display, perfect fit in hand, not too small, not too big.

And The Galaxy S is killing every phone on benchmarks. It is the ultimate processor at this point I guess.

Galaxy will be available on all carriers, it will also be 4g for sprint.

6. apinkel

apinkel Well-Known Member

The galaxy S series is very, very close in size to the evo despite the smaller screen (it's within 1/10 of an inch in all dimensions).
    PDAcomparer | PDAdb.net - Comprehensive Database of PDA, PDA Phone, Smartphone, PNA & Mobile Device Specifications

I like the idea of the galaxy s but I have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed with it when it comes out. But I'm also not a gamer so I couldn't care less about the better gpu.

I was leaning toward the galaxy S but the more checking I do the more I'm leaning back toward the evo.

7. Gerbacio_PR

Gerbacio_PR Well-Known Member

why is the Evo so much slower?

8. theintoxicatedmofo

theintoxicatedmofo Well-Known Member

Evo is so much slower in terms of the FPS because HTC locked the device down to a max of 30 FPS...and now they claiming that a simple update cannot unlock the FPS limit...whats even more ironic is how a root allows for the Evo to zip passed its 30FPS cap..highest ive seen it go was 55FPS...still the Droid X seems to be a much faster device all around..im perfectly happy with my evo, especially since i dont play games on my phone enough to actually care about a FPS cap at 30...however i would like to see it increased

9. t1jordan

t1jordan Well-Known Member

I agree. Who cares. Coming from my Hero, the Evo is excellent.