Evo Car ChargerAccessories

Last Updated:

1. jcj487

jcj487 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I couldnt seem to figure this out on my own. Does the Evo car charger allow music to be played through the speakers, or is it purely for charging? Not too sure about this but i found this link so thats why im wondering.

Amazon.com: HTC EVO 4G Car Charger: Cell Phones & Service

it says that it can play music. thinking about getting a BT but if this charges and plays music then i dont need one, ill just stick with the charger.

Advertisement
  2. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

Nope just for charging. Only way you'll get it to play through the speakers is by bluetooth if your car has that capability or using an auxiliary cable (what I do) if your car has an auxiliary jack.

3. dakidobf

dakidobf Well-Known Member

Or if you have a tape cassette deck youy can use a cassette adapter. thats what I do.

4. Brian360

Brian360 Well-Known Member

You have an EVO and a cassette player???

quijibo likes this.
  5. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Bought one from ebay. Can't wait to try it out. Haven't used my casette player in my car, since I first bought the car brand new in 2004!...LOL.

6. Shawnz

Shawnz Well-Known Member

lol - I do.

7. drexappeal

Just a quick update for those of you that do have a casette player still in your car and want to use the casette adaptor. It works just fine, but in my car, I have to make sure that the media volume on my phone is turned down to 1/2 volume, otherwise the audio gets distorted really badly when it transmits the signals to my car stereo.

Nontheless, once I figured that out, it actually sounds great! I can tell the difference of it not being the "greatest" audio output, but it still beats not having the option at all (especially without an AUX output on my OEM radio). I'm more than satisified with it. Now I just have to stop being lazy and install my car mount...LOL.

8. Topper_Harlee

Topper_Harlee Active Member

What's a cassette?

9. oldsmoboat

oldsmoboat Well-Known Member

I have an Evo and a cassette player too. My F150 came that way. It also has a 6 disk CD changer behind the rear seat. I'll have to try the cassette adapter.

10. drexappeal

Works great, but just have to make sure your volume is at 1/2 for media and phone.

What I like about this option also is, the NAV transmits through the car speakers also, but it plays over the music volume, so gotta pay attention when both are going at the same time.