Evo car mount, 2-3 pieceAccessories

Last Updated:

1. kat3k

kat3k Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 12, 2010
    This is a combination of a really good idea that someone else posted and a Garmin mount that I already had. I like it for its extremely low profile (except for the Garmin) and the ability to move it from car to car. And even though the car mount required a very small footprint for attachment to the car, there was absolutely no place I was willing or able to stick it. Hence the Garmin.

I could post pictures, but these are the links to the products, all available on Amazon. First is a pretty cheap rubberized but firm (not flimsy like silicone) shell case, since I did not want to stick the mounting button on the back of my actual phone. It turns out I really like the case, and it is so thin I forget it is on and leave it on. It has a good feel with a "grip". Amazon.com: Gizmo Dorks Rubberized Case Cover (Black) for the Sprint HTC EVO 4G: Cell Phones & Accessories: Reviews, Prices & more

Next is the mount system itself, very sleek and well made (in Germany). Because the case I used was a little rubbery, the self stick attachment button did not adhere well, so I super-glued it (to the above case, not the phone), which worked great. Amazon.com: SoundGate M2 German engineered to safely secure your iPod, iPhone, Nano, Touch, Classic, Garmin, Cell Phone, Blackberry, Zune, MP3, or other portable device to your dash, or console: Electronics: Reviews, Prices & more

If you have a place to mount that on your car, great, but since I did not, I used this, and can move it from car to car, and it also brings it up to a good level for me. Amazon.com: Garmin Friction Mount: Electronics I attached the mount to the flat part just below the Garmin ball. There was plenty of room and the ball did not obstruct in any way.

I am so happy with the way it worked out, I wanted to share it here. And thanks to the guy who posted a variation of this that got me started.