EVO Charger Jack?

Last Updated:

1. bobgeorge

bobgeorge Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I currently have a HTC Hero. Is the charger jack the for the EVO the same as the Hero? I'm just wondering if I will have to buy a new car charger.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Matt351

Matt351 Active Member

I'm pretty sure all new phones have gone to the new standard of micro-usb. So your car charger should work the the Evo.

3. bobgeorge

bobgeorge Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks! I have an extra wall charger that I use at work...should that work too?

4. sitlet

sitlet Banned

yes, although i would double check the amperage the chargers put out first, to make sure they match the evo. the voltages will be the same, as they are both usb standard, but the amperages may be different.

5. gabbott

gabbott Well-Known Member

I believe the Hero has a mini-usb jack whereas the newer HTC phones have a mico-usb jack (even smaller than mini).

6. Doomstang

Doomstang Well-Known Member

I don't think it will work. The hero has the mini USB and the Evo has micro USB. I compared my Hero's USB jack to my gf's Moment's jack and they are different size. Hers is a little bit smaller as assuming the Evo does have the micro, our hero chargers will NOT work.

7. kronium

kronium Well-Known Member

Gobbott is correct. The hero charger will not work with the EVO's micro-usb port.