• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EVO commercials

Meh, I don't like it for 2 reasons.

1) It looks like a rip off of an old Honda commercial:

YouTube - Honda Accord Commercial

2) It has nothing to do with the damn phone. Yes it's the first 4G phone....general consumers are going to have no idea what 4G is or what it's capable of. The whole thing behind the Evo is the performance and hardware specs are second to none. The thing that made the Droid commercials so popular is that it focused on what the phone can actually do. Even the iphone commercials focus on what the phone is capable of doing. The comercial doesn't tell anyone what the phone is about. Waste of money IMO.

I think they need a comercial showing real life situations and how the phone helps in everyday life to average consumers. Have a guy showing a presentation throught the HDMI port then video confrencing on the phone, show some of the apps like google sky, google goggles, or google mas with navigation. Have someone taking pics with their family with the 8mp camera, have a guy using his phone as a hot spot for his friends... something people can relate to. I can't really relate to rockets falling over and have no idea what that has to do with 4G.

Upvote 0
Wow Sprint, that commercial is....good. Bravo. Maybe not the best for the phone, but a good intro... Anyone who doesn't know what the Evo is now has their ears up. Keep in mind people, this isn't the one and only commercial coming out.

Thats a great introduction ad. Its not boastful but informative and gets the point across. Well done, I wonder what agency they are using?

Upvote 0
That commercial is so lame. Come on Sprint, get with the program.

Lame oh not at all. This peaks your curiosity and tells people something new and different is coming. In the coming weeks watch this ad will vanish and make way for more ads better showing the Evos attributes. Look to this ad as a product "teaser" not unlike a movie preview clip.

Upvote 0
Commercial Idea

Wife and her daughter at home daughter is crying, Birthday cake on the table and daddy is not there..

Pan to the Daddy at the airport and his flight has been delayed and wont make it..

Mom pulls the Evo out her pocket and calls dad on the video chat..

Daughters face lights up when she sees her dad and stops crying..

Dad smiles and shows her the presents and says he will be home soon..

Fade out to the EVO and the Now network..

--------------------

Send Check to the Farmer for this idea

Upvote 0
Commercial Idea

Wife and her daughter at home daughter is crying, Birthday cake on the table and daddy is not there..

Pan to the Daddy at the airport and his flight has been delayed and wont make it..

Daughters face lights up when she see her dad and stops crying..

--------------------

Send Check to the Farmer for this idea

Copyright that RIGHT NOW....Steve Jobs might be lurking around here...

Upvote 0
Did Sprint learn NOTHING from the Pre???

No one bought into the Pre because no one understood what it was, let alone all the cool things it could do, ie multitask etc.

Sprint - please use the entire 30 secs showing video chatting, mobile hotspot with 8 devices connected, huge screen, hooking it up to a tv and playing home movies in HD...

I feel like an ad agency would go nuts to have the opportunity to try and "sell" this phone. I mean, AT&T marketing has to glorify the fact that you can talk on the phone and browse the web at the same time, but come on... is that cooler than ANY of the best features of the EVO (see above)....

Please take a lesson from the Pre. Demonstrate practical uses for the bada** features of this phone that will make people say, "Wow, I would love to be able to do that on my phone." Instead of wow, what is 4g and why do I care. Oh it's not in my area? I don't care.

Upvote 0
Commercial Idea

Daughters face lights up when she sees her dad and stops crying..

Upvote 0
While not a "commercial" per se, I did just get my email "Your wait for the EVO is over" email that many of us signed up for a month or so ago. Yes, I knew about it and asked for it, but I agree with many here - watch for changes as they build this campaign out to describe all of features of the phone. This will be fun to watch! ;)

Upvote 0
You guys have to understand sprint is not the maker of the evo htc is.do you see att making iphone commercials? No you do not.you see apple making iphone commercials. Its up to htc to make commercials focused straight on the evo not sprint.sprint is gonna make a more broad commercial that focus on network and other things like that

Sent from my HTC Evo 4g using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
You guys have to understand sprint is not the maker of the evo htc is.do you see att making iphone commercials? No you do not.you see apple making iphone commercials. Its up to htc to make commercials focused straight on the evo not sprint.sprint is gonna make a more broad commercial that focus on network and other things like that

Sent from my HTC Evo 4g using Tapatalk

That says it all.....and before anyone asks, "Well why does Verizon do the Incredible commercials if that is also HTC?"

Simple answer....Verizon payed a hefty price to label both phones "Droid", even though they are 2 seperate entities. Plus Verizon likes to have things completely their way

Upvote 0
Terrible commercial. You have no clue what it is until the last few seconds. People's first introduction to the phone should be an in your face demonstration of what the phone can do! This is where Apple really excels and gets it right.

i disagree with this statement....have you ever seen an iphone commercial that touts anything other than apps? i've never seen one single iphone commercial that talks about the actual features or specs of an iphone...sorry, but apps are not a good representation of what a phone is capable of....i for one believe i've never seen an iphone ad that deals with specs and features, simply bcuz apple knows that they are always playing catch up when it comes to features...just my opinion of course

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones