Evo Connecting To Mac'sSupport

Last Updated:

1. neocipriano

neocipriano New Member This Topic's Starter

I have a Mac Book Pro (Dual Intel) and I have tired all the sync options. Regardless of what I choose I can't consistently keep it connected.
    I have even used the debugging feature on the phone and this seamed to work, but it seams the problem has come back where it intermittently disconnects.

Does anyone else have a Mac & the Evo? If so what's your experience with it connecting?

T.I.A.

Advertisement
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

It's rock solid.

Do you have by any chance any task killer or soft reboot app that's killing off the PC Synchronization process?

Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications -> Running (tab), look to ensure it's in that list.

If it's not that, you might try a different usb cable - and report back on well the cable seems to be mating to the socket. Some users report units have had a quality control issue with those not being 100% right.

But Evo <-> Mac? Rock solid.

3. Liebertron

Liebertron Well-Known Member

Evo to Macbook Pro, solid too

4. spec3racer

spec3racer Member

5. forte

forte Member

You are correct. But there are other ways to sync the evo with a mac other than HTC Sync.

I use double twist to sync all of my itunes music/media and gmail to sync all of my contacts. iphoto also syncs well with it.

6. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Nooo. Yes to what you're saying, but to what I'd said - noooo.

The PC Synchronization process - on the _phone_ - is basically a usb probe tied to the mount daemon (or Android's equivalent).

It's name has you confused with HTC Sync.

The two are not the same and I was referring only to the former.

Without PC Synchronization running reliably, the SD card will not appear as a mountable usb drive to _any_ operating system.

I've provided this warning as my first response to the question because I've learned that people are killing that process, either confusing it with a PC or with HTC Sync.

Hope that helps.

7. kingdomassassi

kingdomassassi New Member

Try this: make sure your Mac is plugged into a power source. For some reason, that's what my problem was. Now I'm rock solid.

8. gregs887

gregs887 Well-Known Member

I was constantly having the same problem with mine. I had the phone replaced for an unrelated issue and now it connects instantly every time. Maybe it is a problem with your phones usb port?

9. peeachediva

peeachediva Member

CONNECTING EVO to MACBOOK AIR. Hi, for the longest time I was unable to see the icon for the HTC Evo on my Macbook air to download pictures. I finally went to someone at MICROCENTER, and they told me to go to Finder>Preferences, and click on what I want displayed on my desktop. External drives, external disks etc are listed. CHeck on the one that would fit ( since you are going through the USB you click external drive and you got it!!! I have been trying for DAYS!! THe answer is in the finder.

10. peeachediva

peeachediva Member

Go to Finder>preferences>click on 'external disks' where it asks what items you want to show on your desktop, and the ICON of the EVO will appear on your desktop- then you are on your way. A person from MICRO center shared this wonderful information with me. LOOOOOOOVE my Evo, LOOOOOVE my Macbook Air.