Evo cons/problems

Last Updated:

1. SweeT EviL

SweeT EviL Member This Topic's Starter

Hi

I'm just before buying the galaxy s or the evo 4.
    And I wanted to know from people that already have the evo what are its cons or what kind of problems your are facing off...?

p.s
    can I connect the evo 4 to a tv using RBG cable?

Advertisement
  2. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with RBG cables but you can use the HDMI out to send it to your tv, or get a converter from HDMI to whatever other format you want.

I dunno that I really have any cons. I keep hitting the period key instead of the space bar by accident cause the iPhone keyboard was different, but that's just me. Also there aren't as many good games on the app store. But this is all comparing it to Apple, since I had a 3GS since it's launch day last year.

3. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

I have had NO issues or problems.

4. jerzeywill2010

jerzeywill2010 Member

I had iPhone 3gs and now Evo. Don't have any problems. Love Evo and Sprint.

5. swagner53

swagner53 Well-Known Member

The only big issue people seem to have so far is battery life, and it doesn't seem to be for everyone. Some are reporting over 24hrs, while others are reporting 6 or even less. The device and OS are awesome. I'd say get the EVO -- worst comes to worst, if you don't like it within 30 days, return it.

6. Joppie

Joppie Well-Known Member

Biggest problem... I can't put it down. :(

7. swatpup102

swatpup102 Well-Known Member

I've crashed my sense UI, had to factory restore, ran alpha and beta versions of software, messed around in the kernel, locked up and rebooted quite a few times.... and I love it! To me, a device like this is made to be played with and enjoyed knowing that that it's all open source. I would have made 6 trips to the apple store by now doing this stuff with an iphone, but the evo just says haha and asks for more. What's not to like?

8. farrellcollie

farrellcollie Well-Known Member

I really love it most of the time, but mine crashes two or three times a day for no apparent reason. I have stock and only a few added apps that I got from the market.

9. SweeT EviL

SweeT EviL Member This Topic's Starter

Do you think it tops the galaxy s? If so why?

To say the truth, the galaxy s look better for me but the lack of camera flash and the fact that this phone belong to samsung bother me. From what I here all samsung's post buying related issue is treble, I never had samsung.

10. click23

click23 Member

I had an issue with the display on the first one I had. Not sure what caused it, but the screen would go dark, have lighter lines down it, and flash brighter and then go back. Took it back to wally world, they saw what it was doing and exchanged it no questions asked.

AFAIK I am the only one to have this problem, must have been a defective unit.

11. paradox183

paradox183 Well-Known Member

RGB is an analog signal; HDMI is digital. You will need to buy a converter if you really want this.