Evo contacts backupSupport

Last Updated:

1. wagesgt903

wagesgt903 Member This Topic's Starter

Trying to figure out how to do the contact sync/backup on my boss' EVO. I have a droid 2 and can just go thru settings to the backup assistant. Is there an easy way to do this on the EVO or a recommended app that everyone uses?

Advertisement
  2. mdizzle99

mdizzle99 Well-Known Member

The contacts will be synced with the google account. To verify they are syncing go to settings, accounts & sync, and then you will be able to see the sync settings. There are other ways to backup contacts, but you'll need to elaborate ok why you need them backed up if you're looking for a more sophisticated answer. Hope that helps.

3. wagesgt903

wagesgt903 Member This Topic's Starter

Hes just looking to backup his contacts in case of the phone being damaged or stolen. Ill give that a try and see. If there are better ways to go about it let me know. Thanks

4. mdizzle99

mdizzle99 Well-Known Member

That should be satisfactory then. You can also have him go to his gmail on the computer and and then select contacts. He should be able to see that all of his contacts are synced there. If for any reason he needs to get a new phone, when he enters his google account info on the new phone it will automatically sync all of those contacts on to the phone.

5. AlkiDweller

AlkiDweller Well-Known Member

Generally, contacts are associated with a Gmail account and sync's happen automatically. Does he have a Gmail account he can log into (on the web) and see if they're there?

6. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member