Evo: Day One - What Would You Do?

Last Updated:

1. jmags5

jmags5 Member This Topic's Starter

Fedex will be delivering my Evo today. I'm going to immediately root it & start trying ROM & kernel combos.

If you had to do it all over again, what would you do when you first got your Evo?

Advertisement
  2. Jceinc

Jceinc Well-Known Member

We can root SW 3.30 yet?

3. mdizzle99

mdizzle99 Well-Known Member

Yes you can root 3.30, just not using the simple method. First thing I would do after rooting is make a nand backup. I have quite enjoyed Myn's ROM so I would start with that one if I were you. It sounds like you know what you're doing though, so just make backups and then have fun.

4. Zeosstud

Zeosstud Member

Install Astro File Manager and then get Dropbox setup so you can easily transfer .apk's from a PC to your phone, it is just handy.

5. RetiredFinally

RetiredFinally Well-Known Member

Dropbox is nice but Awesome Drop is easier and faster IMHO. I agree Myn's Warm 2.2 RLS 4 is awesome with a few tweaks!!

6. surfologist87

surfologist87 Well-Known Member

DEFINITELY make a Nand backup. And save it on your computer. That way if anything goes wrong, you can start over.
    Go to menu>settings>about phone>software information and you can see if you have build number 3.29 or 3.30

And have fun. If i were you try out just rooting. And leave it all stock for just a few days or a week..get a feel for the battery and how it all works. Then you have a base laid down of how to judge the battery life and the way other roms are set up when you start flashing those.

Get wireless tether
    Rom manager
    Quick Boot is nice to have
    Astro
    Titanium Backup

Just a few ideas for now. Have fun

7. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

I would throw in cachecleaner ng, very simple, clean up the unwanted cache;)

8. jbsg02

jbsg02 Well-Known Member

I don't know much about rooting the newer phones, make sure to read up on that. I recently rooted after 5-6 months of having my phone and installed Myn's Warm ROM. It runs a lot smoother than stock and I have no plans of trying any other ROMs right now, cause it just seems to be so good.

I'd also suggest getting the extended battery. I have the 3000 mah chinese battery and love having it.

9. jersey221

jersey221 Well-Known Member

i rooted my evo before i even called to get it on my plan.

Jceinc likes this.