EVo Display vs Hero Display?

Last Updated:

1. Bat~man

Bat~man Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just got my EVo yesterday and so far I love it, battery life isn't bad..about 11 hours today and 44% left...moderate use. Hopefully it stays that way.

I will admit tho, the screen is nice a HUGE but it isn't near as sharp and pretty as my little hero, anyone else think it has a slight blurry look to it? Maybe I have a messed up display or something.

**edit** Oh and why in the world did they remove the lockscreen wallpaper? I liked that, and now it's just a blank little screen with a slider on it...can we at least customize it more?

Advertisement
  2. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

It's because everything is stretched out. HTC didn't spend lots of time optimizing the Sense UI for the EVO. Its literally the same version of Sense as on the Hero, just stretched, that's why the only thing that looks truly incredible on the EVO is the Internet browser.

3. Bat~man

Oh that's pretty lame.

I wonder if you root and throw a rom w/o sense UI if it will look any better.

I'm looking into rooting it, just done my hero about 3 weeks ago but the EVO seems more difficult.

4. linzgeneral

linzgeneral Well-Known Member

I think it might be more appropriate for the OP to compare the Hero screen to the moment which actually has a better much brighter screen than the Hero. NONE of those screens compare to the EVO if nothing else due to the sheer size of the Evo. My Diamond had better resolution than either of those phones an i would much rather the EVO screen due to the functionality.

5. Bat~man

What? Why would I compare it to the Moment?

I never had a Moment, only the Hero and now the EVO, I definitely notice a difference in the display. I'm not at all bickering about it tho, just wondering if anyone else noticed it too...I wish it was just as sharp but it's still an awesome phone so far so I'm definitely happy.

6. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

Can't wait for the Galaxy S Pro to buddy up with the Evo. It'll be the Bigger versions of the Hero and Moment. My eyes are dying here on my Moment. Low res + Small screen = eye strain :(

I have a headache as we speak lol