EVO doesn't always want to power onSupport

Last Updated:

1. paradox183

paradox183 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Whenever I reboot my phone and try to turn it back on it sometimes takes several tries with the power button. Press-and-release, press-and-hold for 2 seconds, press-and-hold for 5 seconds, etc. don't work the first few times and then it randomly fires up. Anyone else experiencing this?

Advertisement
  2. wingtip

wingtip New Member

Yup. I couldn't charge it once...wouldn't light up and it wouldn't boot. took it to the store and they got it to work again. I'm also not getting good bluetooth reception. I will change out the phone but loading the apps again is a pain.

3. MadHatter01

MadHatter01 Member

Same here. I found that if I wait 20 seconds after turning off it will turn on. I think that the screen goes off before the phone actually turns all the way off. That might be what is going on. Also i hold in the power for 5-7 secs for it to turn on. Can someone confirm this please.

4. ahaxton

ahaxton Active Member

I've had this happen a couple of times, most recently this morning. A battery pull got it to boot again.

5. MadHatter01

MadHatter01 Member

I noticed something...the longer i have had the Evo on, the more likely it does not want to turn on right.

6. vkdroid

vkdroid Well-Known Member