EVO doesn't switch back to Sprint after roamingSupport

Last Updated:

1. daystrom

daystrom Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've noticed more than once my Evo will not switch back to the Sprint network after roaming. At my house I get full signal so it's not a quality issue. It just seems like the phone won't switch back!

If I reboot the phone all is ok again.

Has anyone seen this happen before?

Todd

Advertisement
  2. IrishPilot

IrishPilot Well-Known Member

I am experiencing this as well. When I go to the gym every morning it goes into my roaming coverage, and no matter where I go it will not come out of roaming until I restart the phone.

Maybe this is due to one of the many stupid settings adjustments Ive had to make to save on battery life, maybe not. Could anyone give us some direction on how to get the EVO to come off roaming back to coverage?

3. daystrom

daystrom Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What I have read on XDA where a lot of others have had this same issue is that the phone will not switch back to the home carrier as long as there is data flowing in the background.

This kinda makes sense. I sync with an Exchange server at work and the way EAS works is a constant connection with the server.

I haven't had the phone roam again but next time it does you can try turning off 'background data' and seeing if the phone then switches back to Sprint.

4. jason81

jason81 Well-Known Member

I am having this problem as well, has anyone figured anything out?

5. Cobravision

Cobravision Well-Known Member

Instead of rebooting, have you tried turning 3g off and back on?

6. longshot

longshot Well-Known Member

Happens to me sometimes. Instead of doing a rebooot goto > menu > settings > Wireless and Networks > uncheck Mobile Network and wait till it goes off then recheck it. See if that works.

7. mcsnee

mcsnee Member

Also experienced this problem; Longshot's solution has worked for me, though it's annoying that I have to do anything at all.

8. eSanto

eSanto Active Member

there is a widget under "settings", called Mobile. I have to use this every once in while when I turn off 4g, for some reason my 3g radio doesn't kick on and I have to toggle the mobile widget. Annoying, but not too bad with this widget.

9. Lyvewire

Lyvewire Well-Known Member

Or you can try using a application called Roam Control. You have no idea of what I went thru looking to MAKE the phone roam instead...Finally someone made this. I find it works best when you use the option that resets phone after each toggle>refreshes networks.