EVO, Droid x and Qik

Last Updated:

1. eieio

eieio Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Got my Droid X last night and got bored loaded up Qik for EVO on the Droid x and the video chat worked..

Called my EVO from the Droid X and everything functioned.

Droid x only has the back camera of course but still can be useful for how I use it..

Wonder what other phones Qik will work with

Advertisement
  2. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

I've spent a lot of time with Qik customer service lately, so I have some information regarding what works, what doesn't, what will be improved, etc.

Live streaming: works, but not well, and not always. Sometimes their servers go down due to excessive usage. In that case, your video won't show up streaming on your qik home page. If their servers are up, they tend to be overloaded, so your video will be very choppy. They claim to be upgrading their servers to meet capacity.

Video Chat: android-to-android works. android-to-iphone currently does not. If you request chat with an iPhone user, they will get an SMS with a web link, but that link will say that video chat on the web is unavailable at this time. They are working on iPhone support.

The company has promise, but it currently has lots of growing pains, stemming from the explosive adoption of Android phones.

GTCharged, eieio and pwnst*r like this.
  3. *king*

*king* Active Member

I've used qik since I had my touch pro 1, its not a new service just gaining popularity with the evo