Evo finally available at best buy! and then...

Last Updated:

1. verizyou

verizyou Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've been calling up all best buys within a 50 mile radius practically every hour to see if they have any white evos in stock (or black for that matter). I finally called a place that had them and they said they had three left. I asked if I got there in 10 minutes would they still have them in stock even though i was probably more like 45 minutes away. They said no way and that they sell like hot cakes. I want it from BB because of their no deductible insurance (every one of my last 5 phones has been accidentally damaged...taking them into a pool, dropping them...) and they are the only people that have the white ones. Give me my Evo already!

Advertisement
  2. teky

teky Well-Known Member

I assume you somehow posted this from your car, on the way there.

3. freeza

freeza Well-Known Member

LOL

win!

4. verizyou

verizyou Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

lol. No. I'm at home which is 45 minutes away from best buy. I asked them if it would be there in 15 minutes just to see if I had a chance. I only asked 15 minutes because if they didn't think they would have it in 15, there is no way they would have it in 45. Sorry if that's confusing. lol

5. eric3316

eric3316 Well-Known Member

The thread title is kind of weird. Best Buy had them and then......Nothing! You didn't go get it!

I would have hopped in the car and took the chance while begging the rep to hold it for me......If not, I would have called every 10 minutes for a stock update so you could have turned around if they sold out......Otherwise you could have been posting from your EVO right now......But we will never know.

6. alansauce

alansauce Well-Known Member

seriously drop everything and just go. you never know what they'll have.

7. nahpungnome

nahpungnome Well-Known Member

Bah, I say wait for HW004 to come out :)

8. facekl

facekl Well-Known Member

deleted

9. SporkLover

SporkLover Well-Known Member

I would have offered to give them a CC# to hold it. If they had that, then at least they know you are willing to buy it.

10. thadrizzle

thadrizzle Active Member

I was lucky enough to get mine from BB, and i must say the white one is bad ass. Except I don't let anyone else hold it anymore. the first 3 people i showed it to dropped it because the white back is glossy and smooth. i've never dropped it once and good thing its built tough. it only has 1 little nick in it out of the 3 times it got dropped. . after that 3rd drop, i said no more. YOU CAN LOOK BUT YOU CAN''T TOUCH LOL

also got that BB ins

11. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

And the point to this thread is??? They have them, but you can't get there in time?

12. hendodo

hendodo Well-Known Member

Lls 3 people dropped ur phone?

13. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

If you're ready to shell out some money and wait a little more, try shopping online at BestBuy. Then you can either opt to ship it at your place or pick it up at your nearest best buy for free. At least you would know you'll get the phone you like at a certain time, instead of waiting in limbo for one.

14. MsRandall

MsRandall Well-Known Member

I called BB in an area that was 50 miles from me to get my sons. I told my son to pre order with my husband but he didnt listen....so I called they had one in stock. I ask the BB mobile manager to hold it one hour and he did....OP SHOULD HAVE gotten off your booty and claimed your evo...Maybe you didnt wanted as bad as others who would have been on a ROOOOAAADDDTRIIIP!!!

15. rcubed3r

rcubed3r Well-Known Member

When I found a Best Buy that had one, I asked them to hold it for me for one hour and it was no problem. I just gave them my name and phone number :confused:

Ron

16. IPvFletch

IPvFletch Well-Known Member

If you keep posting about not trying to get an EVO, you will never get one. :D

17. eric3316

eric3316 Well-Known Member

Case closed, OP obviously doesn't want an EVO, just likes to post about it!

Next Case.............

18. Skatter

Skatter Active Member

Er. Why didn't the OP just check the stock on bestbuy.com? The black ones won't show, but the white ones sure do. That's why I went to Best Buy in the first place four days ago, expecting to walk out with a white one but finding they had both colors in stock. *shrug*

Talk about expending more effort than needed...

19. HoldenCaufield

HoldenCaufield Well-Known Member

Wrong Question:
    Correct Question:
    "Will you hold one for me? I've been looking all over. I'm literally sprinting to my car right now!"

When the right question is asked, your answer is there. Or something Zen sounding.

20. GTCharged

GTCharged Active Member

To the guy who said his has been dropped 3 times already... lol.
    The second I got mine, I made a vow to NEVER let anyone touch it. Looky looky but no touchy :D

21. silliybilly

silliybilly Well-Known Member

Because the BB online in-stock thing is not always correct. I checked One of my local stores about an hour before they opened and the web site showed "in-stock" for the white EVO. I got to the store when they opened and asked if they had any, they only had EVOs for people with rain checks. I saw about 10 sitting in a cabinet and all had pieces of paper with names on them. I mentioned that the web site claims that they had some in stock. The manager said it shows up that way because they do have phones in stock, but since they are all reserved for people on the waiting list and not technically sold yet, they will appear on BB.com. He said they are getting a lot of people coming in because people see them in stock, only to get to the store and not find any EVOs!

22. shandroid

shandroid Well-Known Member

fail..............

You should of at least tried.......I made it to that BB and got your phone an hour after you called, thanks for not going and making this thread instead ;)