evo flashed to metro and rooted? can it tether

Last Updated:

1. curt454

curt454 New Member This Topic's Starter

ok got an evo and had it flashed to metro pcs so everything works to my knowledge, talk,text,mms,internet,gps, etc. Was the phone rooted then?
    heres the specs on the phone info:
    android version 2.2
    baseband version 2.15.00.07.28
    kernel version 2.6.32.15-g3a8614e / htc-kernel@and18-2#7
    build number jiminy v2
    software number 3.26.651.6
    browser version webkit3.1
    pri version 1.40_003
    prl version 02004
    eri version n/a

so it was a verizon phone before the metro flash and the 3g hotspot feature doesnt seem to work. so I did some research and ended up getting the wireless tether app. but I cand get my ipod touch to connect to it, well that is it shows its connected but the ipod says it cant connect to the internet. ultimately I want an ipad to replace the ipod but for now my wife wants the ipod and while away or on a trip it would be cool to be able to use the evo as a hotspot. any ideas why it wont work, does the kernel support tethering?? is it not able to connect to an adhoc wifi? is it beacuse its flashed onto metro?
    all in all this is such a cool phone and am so happy with it just wonder if theres something I am just not getting.
    any ideas greatly appreciated Thanks!!

Advertisement
  2. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

try a diff version of wireless tether, some work for all and some dont

3. curt454

curt454 New Member This Topic's Starter

I tried downloading a couple of other versions (experimental/stable)on the code.google and couldnt get those to work either, tried a couple of other channels turning on security and off and nothing. in looking up posts about this thought maybe the kernel wasnt right or something. or just maybe because its on metro dont really know. kinda wondering if anybody else out there has done it sucessfully. I dont have anything else wireless to test it out to see if its just the ipod.

4. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

mine works great, but i am on sprint and use windows and linux, there is not much i can do to help