Evo for $199 only a year into my contract?

Last Updated:

1. jlemon

jlemon Member This Topic's Starter

I signed a 2 year contract with Sprint on July 1 2009 but I didn't get a discounted phone at that time. I had bought a Blackberry off Craigslist and then later bought a Hero from Craigslist also. I thought when something I really wanted came out I could go into a Sprint store and get it at a discounted price. Now I find out that I only had 30 days to do this when I signed my contract. The sales person I talked to said I could get the Evo 14 days before July 1 2010 for $199 after the mail in rebate which doesn't really make sense since it's only a year into my contract. Is that right?

Advertisement
  2. ekt8750

ekt8750 Well-Known Member

You're probably a Premier member and as a Premier member you are elligible for yearly full upgrades.

3. Kingkoa

Kingkoa Well-Known Member

Let us know how it works out since I have an no premier 1 year upgrade i wanted to get evo with

4. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

your premier member so yes you sign a two year contract but you get an upgrade price phone at ONE year IF you agree to renew your two year contract and stay with them for another two years

5. tx_brandon

tx_brandon Well-Known Member

How much do you pay for the phone as an upgrade a year into contract as a premier member though?

6. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

You get the full 2 year discount every 12 months.

7. Millie

Millie Member

FYI though...the premier one year discount only works on your primary number if you are on a shared plan.

8. n0really

n0really Well-Known Member

^ Ive always wondered if using leverage to terminate the 2nd line (and pay the EFT) will work to get a second discounted phone after a year. Has this worked for anyone?

I see it as Sprint not wanting to lose the 2nd line for only $120. If they can keep me from porting my 2nd line, they'll get $840 in a year ($70 x 12 months). And then the cycle begins again. lol.