Evo for $200

Last Updated:

1. bobeo6253

bobeo6253 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I look on ioffer.com every now and then and i decided to see if anyone was selling any Evos. So i found this one person selling them for $200 and he has 6 of them. I asked if he had them but he said his english isn't that good and sent me an offer. What do you guys think??

HTC EVO 4G (Sprint Nextel) For Sale

Advertisement
    unplugged1 likes this.
  2. Mikesnap

Mikesnap Well-Known Member

i think you should just wait 3 more days

skpd likes this.
  3. hodgsonevo

hodgsonevo Active Member

You gotta be kidding... scamola all the way.. no way you should go for that. Why would someone sell 6 for less than they can get on ebay? think about it.
    How would 1 person even get 6.. to good to be true.

4. DougFunny

DougFunny Well-Known Member

Yeah. U never know with buying from third parties :/ Id say just wait 3 days like the rest of us who dont have it :p

5. bobeo6253

bobeo6253 Active Member This Topic's Starter

3 days seems like forever. lol

6. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

Hmmm I wonder if the seller also has 65 million dollars that he needs someone to deposit in their bank account and he will give them 10% but he needs the account number

Covert_Death likes this.
  7. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

I concur!

8. skpd

skpd Well-Known Member

by the time that guy ships the phone (never?) and by the time it gets delivered, it will be Friday the 4th and the EVO flood gates will be wide open.

but I think you never meant to buy it from ioffer.com and I get the feeling you're just killing time with this thread :rolleyes: (and I don't blame you)

9. cary328is

cary328is Well-Known Member

Why risk something when all you have to do is wait 3 days? How did this person get 6 Google I/O phones when people paid $400-$500 just to enter the event and receive ONE phone? Now he's selling them for $200 each? hmm. 3 days. Just wait and play it safe

nikkihp79 likes this.
  10. unplugged1

unplugged1 Well-Known Member

I can't upgrade until September, so I decided to go ahead and see if this is a scam. I used my credit card, so there really is no particular risk: if the offer is bogus, I just file a dispute with my card company. So thanks for the link, maybe....

BTW, my girlfriend is adding a line on my plan, so SHE is getting the Evo on June 4. Whaahh. :mad:

11. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

Oh they are gonna send you a phone but it will be a knock off. Do another search and you will find another member who has 6 available and claims to speak poor English but can list a grammatically correct listing. Oy vey.... Nothing but a pain in the butt can come from this. Good luck

Covert_Death likes this.
  12. unplugged1

Oh, I imagine you are right about this being a rip-off, but all I need to do is call my card company and fill out the dispute form. Not really a pain. I wouldn't suggest this to anyone who has a card company that isn't as responsive as mine. It will be interesting to see the response I get. I would never do this with a cash paypal payment.

13. LS1

LS1 Well-Known Member

Looks like an I/O phone, if real - ad mentions the extra 2GB card.

14. tmaxey1

tmaxey1 Well-Known Member

This has scam written all over it. Why would the seller do this when EVO's are selling for 500+ on ebay with no problem. If you had 6 EVO's would you sell them for 1200 total or 2500-3000 total?

If it seems to good to be true then guess what?

15. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

Yeah I talked to this guy. He's in Nigeria. All I had to do was send him my social security number and bank account information and I should have some money and my phone tomorrow. I just have to western union him some money back. :D

16. cary328is

cary328is Well-Known Member

For your sake unplugged1 - I hope you get a genuine item for that price. I just don't wish for anything bad to happen to anyone here. We are all here for the same reason and we each have our own preferred methods of purchase, but it's stuff like this that makes me just want to be overly cautious for you guys. But like i said if you get a legit item - then hey good for you!! Good point on the credit card too - I like all the new protection plans most cards offer these days. I would rather see a post from you saying "HOORAY I GOT AN EVO!" Rather than "I got scammed and now I need to clear it up with my credit card company." Let us know as soon as you get it

17. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

OMFG ... guess what... everytime you call your credit card company because you did something stupid, your credit score goes down... you may get your money back but guess what now! someone who is not legit is walking around with all the info they need to charge anything to your account... reallllly smart thinking on that one

if it's too good to be true... IT IS

when will people learn?!?!?!?!?

18. ashykat

So how did it turn out?

19. chasers

chasers Well-Known Member

20. seigex

seigex Well-Known Member

Its probably an MTC EVA 4 ... as engadget puts it, a KIRF... it'll look just like an Evo but with a beautiful and useful telescopic antenna

21. unplugged1

Before I paid, the website pulled the guy from the auction. It was a fraud.

22. unplugged1

Where the heck did you learn this? Your credit score is based on a lot of stupid things, but disputes are not one of those things.

I suppose if you regularly disputed items, the card company could cancel you, but they can't lower your credit score because of disputes. That's silly.

Oh, and BTW, many people can get your credit card number. Believe me, my card company calls regularly to confirm purchases. When there is a "charge back", the merchant simply gets stuck with the non-payment, not the card company. Unfair? Yes, but frankly, the card companies don't care, because they don't foot the bill for fraudulent purchases. That is why it would never affect your credit.

Too good to be true? Yep. I have purchased quite a few legitimate things on that basis. In fact, I have two phones that were "too good to be true."

23. AJ_EVO

AJ_EVO Well-Known Member

A fool and his money are soon parted

24. ashykat

As expected. At least you didn't lose anything.