EVO + Ford Sync anyone?Support

Last Updated:

1. photostu

photostu Active Member This Topic's Starter

I'll be picking up an EVO this weekend hopefully, has anyone paired theirs with the Sync system yet?

I have a nagging issue when pairing with my current iPhone, the BT audio streaming just starts playing some random song as soon as they pair, really annoying as this kills the battery.

the interwebs say that Apple didn't implement this BT profile properly, would be nice to know that Android handles this better.

Thanks for the help!

Advertisement
  2. olag00

olag00 New Member

I have tried a couple of times and couldnt get it to pair with it but I really havent tried with a lot of time, usually a couple of minutes each time. Will try tomorrow afternoon.

3. scott314

scott314 Member

Mine paired with no issues. It works much better than my iPhone did.

4. zombdroid

zombdroid Well-Known Member

5. photostu

photostu Active Member This Topic's Starter

all good info, thanks for sharing guys

6. bandityo

bandityo Well-Known Member

I work at Ford and paired with my F150 perfectly fine. My iphone streamed all the time too....

If you have any questions about sync, go to www.syncmyride.com and you can live chat with a tech.

David

Tenore Primo likes this.
  7. jfischbein

jfischbein Member

Synced to my 2010 fusion fine but does anyone know how to add MAP protocol to BT for SMS?

8. BlueWolverine

BlueWolverine Member

Hello,
    I recently bought a HTC EVO 4g (upgraded from a Samsung Instinct :)

I have a 2009 Fusion with the old style Navigation system and more importantly, SYNC.

I can pair my EVO no probs, but I can't get SYNC to recognize my Contacts/Phonebook.

What this means is that i can't use the SYNC voice activated dialing with commands like "Call Wife" because there are no entries according to SYNC. Does anyone know how to solve this? I THINK that I have to put contacts to "PHONE" instead of "GMAIL" (Or more likely 'in addition to') so that when SYNC looks at my PHONE CONTACTS it doesn't see the ZERO that is there. (Since all my contacts are in gmail...now)

I don't know how to do this. I got the phone yesterday.

Any suggestions on how to test my hypothesis, or even better, how to actually fix my problem? Thank you!

9. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

ever heard of a way to listen to verizon visual voice mail (VVM) via the speakers through the Sync system?

10. larken75

larken75 New Member

I got my EVO paired with my 2010 Escape and was able to download the phonebook without any issues. I'm having the issue where the media begins streaming immediately and I have to stop the song on the EVO. The other issue I'm having is that it says that the text message option is not supported.

11. BlueWolverine

BlueWolverine Member

Actually, this problem seems to have gone away. Now my phonebook is loaded to the SYNC system and I can make voice activated calls. I think the auto-download feature that keeps the phone book up to date must have fixed it over time. My advice for any future sync/evo users is just wait a week, it should load eventually. Thanks.

12. 1Paladin

1Paladin Active Member

I have a Pioneer Avic F700BT head Unit. It basically runs the same software as the Sync system. I put this in my Explorer! i:Di

At first I could not seem to get it to pull in the phone book information either. I discovered a free utility that allows you to transfer the phone book from the Evo (Or any Android device). Worked for me, I hope this helps.
    Bluetooth File Transfer - Android app on AppBrain

13. bpmurr

bpmurr Member

It works fine with my 2010 GT500. I've only used it as a phone via Bluetooth. I have a Zune HD for the music end of things.

14. uniquenameEVO

uniquenameEVO Well-Known Member

I need someone without factory NAV but with sync.

If you stream pandora (or other music), do the google (or sprint) nav prompts play over the car stereo?

15. JTStreet

JTStreet New Member

I just received my EVO 4G this weekend, and I haven't been able to successfully pair it with my 2009 F-350. I'm going to have to mess with it a bit more after work today, since you all are saying you've been able to pair it.

16. QuickDraw

QuickDraw Well-Known Member

Well, I don't have a Ford, but the Bluetooth in the EVO syncs up real nice with my 2010 VW Jetta. I realize that Ford has that MS Sync stuff in it, but simple bluetooth sync up should be possible (I'm guessing).

17. herzzreh

herzzreh Active Member

Paired well with two different rentals I had. I don't remember what I did exactly, but I did have to go in and funk with BT settings in Sync.

18. smokymance

smokymance New Member

First time i Synced the Evo to my focus it didnt download the phonebook...removed it and synced again and it asked me to download and now its fine....

I cant seem to get the txt message option to work tho...as i understand it isnt possible with this phone!

19. deccher

deccher New Member

Your Sync system is set to start the media when selected. I just found this in my Flex today. It was starting WinAmp for me, when I wanted to play Pandora. I turned off the function in Sync and now it no longer starts anything playing on my EVO.

20. Tenore Primo

Tenore Primo New Member

Thanks, David. I got an immediate answer to my problem there. Great resource! BTW, I much prefer the navigation function on the EVO to the slow one in Ford Sync. Too much downloading. Can't make quick changes to the route. Now, thanks to your helpful suggestion, I know how to get the instructions to play over the car's audio.

Tenore

21. Tenore Primo

Tenore Primo New Member

Using Dave's advice, I connected with "SyncMyRide" and they gave the answer. After you have started the navigation, tell Sync: "Bluetooth Audio" and it will play through the car speakers. Haven't tried it yet, but it sounds like it will work.

Tenore

22. JAYDOG1111

JAYDOG1111 New Member

According to htc/ford and chrysler, the evo is not yet compatible with ford sync or chrysler's u-connect. I have both and i'm waiting for the upgrade htc says is coming soon. You should not have to mess around with deleting contacts and linking and all that stuff. The system should connect reliably and download your phone book and not disconnet the bluetooth.

I will rejoice when the upgrade finally arrives.

23. walterwood44

walterwood44 New Member

Where do you turn off the "start when device selected"?

I just bought a 2008 Lincoln MKZ with SYNC and I find it annoying that Sync starts playing something from the phone as soon as it pairs up. And, it does not have to be something that I was playing when it paired up, just the last thing that was played even if it was days ago.

Thanks,
    Walter