Evo Freezes & Hard Resets FrequentlySupport

Last Updated:

1. rictorg

rictorg New Member This Topic's Starter

I love my evo but... the damn thing won't stop crashing or freezing on me!

About 1/3 of the time I manage my alarm clock with the stock app, or about 1/2 of the time I play music on the stock app, as well as using other apps from time to time, the evo will become unresponsive, and after a minute or two perform a hard reset. If sound (from an alarm going off or music playing) happens to be going on during the crash, a loud buzzing sound will persist until either the evo resets itself or one pulls the battery. This has made the phone quite disturbing in the morning, and absolutely useless for listening to music.

I've tried formatting the original SD card, replacing the SD card; performing a full data reset on the phone, and limiting my installed apps to just Voice, Kobo Reader, and Barcode Scanner beyond what runs stock. I am not rooting or using a task killer. My phone has received both OTA updates. My phone spends all its time on Airplane Mode w/ wifi on, as I'm currently outside the US.

Any suggestions to resolve this issue would be appreciated. This is my first Android phone, and I'm quite disappointing in what feels like buggy software.

Advertisement
  2. htcevolee

htcevolee Well-Known Member

I would return it for a new one, because even if a hard reset doesnt fix it maybe its a hardware issue which wont get fixed unless replaced. Replace it before your 30 days is up asap!

3. rictorg

rictorg New Member This Topic's Starter

Under normal circumstances, that's exactly what I'd do, but I won't be back to the states until about 45 days after purchase... I'd hate to be stuck with a paperweight just because I wanted a working phone when I landed and had serious gadget lust!

4. htcevolee

htcevolee Well-Known Member

Call Sprint and state you want a replacement but that you are out of the country and to hold off sending you a new one until you are back. Atleast you will have it on paper that you can get a replacement under the 30 day guarantee.

5. geekaren

geekaren Well-Known Member

This is a good idea. (I agree with the other folks responding that the behavior you're seeing is abnormal and you should swap the phone.)