Evo Froyo 2.2 GPS location issues>Support

Last Updated:

1. senturus

senturus Active Member This Topic's Starter

anyone having problems with the gps location? since the update, it's been taking a really long time to get a gps location. 90% of the time it doesnt work, I cant get the gps to find my location. it says my location is temporary unavailable. before froyo it would take under a minute to get gps directions, now it's almost never.

even my yelp app doesn't work because it cannot find my location, ever since the update!

Advertisement
  2. Slick1020

Slick1020 Banned

Nope, probably an app you installed screwing with the GPS. If you are using navigation, you must have 3G and GPS radios on!

3. senturus

senturus Active Member This Topic's Starter

yea maybe... no task killers though... but i use juicedefender, that might be it.

4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

It sounds to me like your GPS is trying to start from scratch - phones use aGPS - assisted GPS, where startup is made MUCH quicker with the network location estimate first.

If you have network location also enabled, it will seed your gps with an initial estimate of your location and not take as long to fix location. So, not just 3G on, but also

Menu -> Settings -> Location -> Use wireless networks (check!)

Sorry to babble - people talking to me in background - hard to concentrate and type.

aburgthing likes this.