evo frozen on lock screenSupport

Last Updated:

1. QreamQat

QreamQat New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys. I've got an EVO that I have had for about a month now, and have had little to no problems at all. Yes, it has lagged a few times, but it would always force close whatever was causing the problem and restart it right away, so I had no complaints.

Unfortunately, now it has frozen entirely. I am stuck on the screen with the generic unlock slider, which looks completely normal, but will not respond to touch. The slider does not move at all when I try to touch it. Sometimes, the screen will jump to the 'draw unlock pattern' screen as if the phone was simply lagging, but that screen will immediately say to try again even though I have entered no code. I have the pattern screen set up to vibrate when a node is crossed, but there is no vibrating except for randomly when I have stopped trying to draw the pattern sometimes.

I have received multiple calls while the phone is in this frozen state, and the phone will ring correctly with my custom ring tones for specific people, but will play said custom ring tone well after they have stopped calling, and remains frozen on the slider screen (I cannot answer the call).

At one point, the whole screen became blurred, like the screen was covered with fog, but cleared up after several minutes.

I have a gmail notification, a text notification, and a missed call notification on the notifier bar at the top of the slider screen, and the USB charging and debugging icons (triangle with !, right?) show up when I plug the phone in and do disappear after I unplug, though the change is laggy - does not register until after I hit the power button once to blacken screen and a few seconds after I hit the power button again to bring the slider screen back.

I have already taken the battery out three times, waiting for a couple minutes each time before I replaced the battery and powered the phone back on, only to find the same problem: I am stuck on the slider screen, with periodic access to the pattern page, both of which are unresponsive.

Any ideas on what can be done? I have not modified the phone in any way outside of downloading a couple of apps, like the battery widget. Do I need to use something on a computer to access the phone while it is USB connected?

Thanks so much for your help, and sorry for the trouble. Please ask if any further detail is necessary.

Advertisement
  2. QreamQat

QreamQat New Member This Topic's Starter

Of course, after it being frozen for 4 hours, 1 hour after I post, I am now posting from said frozen phone. It simply allowed me to draw my unlock pattern. Any ideas why this happened? Thanks for the help and I am mostly just glad the phone opened back up.

3. nancyh1990

nancyh1990 Well-Known Member

I having the same issue. Though not as bad as above. When the phone rings, I cannot answer the phone 95% of the time.
    Other wise, the screen works.
    Hope someone out there can help.

4. fiyarburst

fiyarburst New Member

I believe I have a similar problem to these. After the last update (which I got around one or two weeks ago?), my phone started first hanging up on touch input; when I would be typing a text message, it would register as if I was holding down the key- space or backspace, usually.
    It became a pain to type text messages, obviously, but then this started happening more frequently, and this would cause all the touch screen input to lag a ton, and on occasion I'd have to go to the home screen to get out of the messages app. Then I'd have to do this all the time, and then even that stopped working. The touch input started becoming unresponsive, to the point where I'd have to remove the battery, and then gradually all touch input including swiping to unlock stopped working reliably, and then not even at all.

All I'm left with now is a very pretty alarm clock that can receive but not answer calls. Any ideas?