Evo Getting Exchanged: HTC Fix your QC Issues!

Last Updated:

1. SporkLover

SporkLover Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well, I have a double whammy, Screen Separation and Light Leakage on my one week old white Evo.

Went to BB yesterday to setup an exchange.

I love HTC phones, but they always seem to have issues with all of their phones.

On my HTC Mogul, their screens had the infamous white spot issue.
    On my TP, it had overheating issues and the keyboard cable issue. I had four of those phones.
    On my Diamond it was riddled with issues, for the most post, manufacturing wasn't one of them.
    On my TP2, there were issues with the keys along the bottom.

And now on my Evo there are issues with the screen.

HTC has a great product line up, they just need to tighten up the manufacturing and QC product. Especially on flagship products!!!!!! I have faith!

Pics for those interested......

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. bigddybn

bigddybn Well-Known Member

***NEWS FLASH: You can exchange your 1 week old EVO at Best Buy.***

You will now return to your regular programming.

Sorry I had to :)

3. SporkLover

Dear Capt Obvious, did you read the thread title or the part where I said I went to best buy to setup an exchange?

I just had too as well :)

imcarrid likes this.
  4. blake247

blake247 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

That's not light leakage nor is it a defect. THIS is leakage...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now if the screen is separating that a whole other issue..hah

5. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

Yeah what Blake said. That is not light leakage or screen separation. Your EVO is fine. They all look like that.

6. Babbit

Babbit Well-Known Member

Mine doesn't do that. I have to look pretty much parallel to the screen in order to see something similar. If you look at his photo his evo is at a maybe a 30 degree angle and already shows the "light leakage"

7. JG-1

JG-1 Well-Known Member

mine does too...

8. SporkLover

Mine has slight leakage along the bottom as well.

And trust me that separating issue in the corner is not normal, I've handled enough Evo's to know it's a defect. My black one is perfect save for the crackle in the ear piece and speaker.

My separation issue isn't the screen is lifting, it actually looks like there is a gap between the LCD subpanel and the Capacitive screen. If you look at the pic closely, that corner is differently colored/slightly brighter than the rest of the screen.

9. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

Just saw that corner and no that is not normal.

10. SOHurley

SOHurley Well-Known Member

I've looked at 10 phones out the box, and they all do the same thing as original post. The picture with the block buster card, abnormal, I have not seen that yet.

11. thekarens

thekarens Well-Known Member

If this post is about HTC's quality control issues why did you include your Diamond which you state had no hardware issues.

12. nyczducky

nyczducky Active Member

Holy crap at that separation. Is that what everyone else with separation issues are going through? Thats insane. I thought it would be like inside the casing and the screen not being flush. but holy hell

13. SporkLover

Show me a picture of yours where the lower left corner is discolored, and where it's quite evident that the LCD subpanel and the capacitive screen have a gap between them. I can show you on my black on that it isn't.

14. SporkLover

I didn't say it didn't, its just it's worst issues weren't related to it's manufacturing defects.

15. teknagen

teknagen Well-Known Member

wow mines does that too when viewed from top down.. but i don't care because it doesn't effect it anyways when viewed from the front :)

16. SporkLover

If it were just the light leakage I would have been OK with it as well.

But that discolored triangle in the corner kills me. It's visible whenever I use the kickstand for viewing media, or when I'm playing a game using the G-sensor for controls.

Plus, with everything I have read, these issues just continue to degrade, so I'll nip it in the butt while I am within my 30 day return window.

17. basso4735

basso4735 Well-Known Member

I agree with that corner being defective/weird. I wouldn't be happy with that either. The leakage seen from the top looking down seems to be normal though.

18. dantesinferno

dantesinferno Member

I had to replace my first Evo (HW rev 03 - 5/23/10 born on date) after a water damage incident. It had lifting near the home button and light leakage.

The second Evo (HW rev 03 - 6/15/10 born on date) does not have any lifting (yet) and no light leakage.

Comparing the two, you can clearly see the first Evo's glass was cut a millimeter too short, allowing light to leak through and dust to settle in between the frame and glass.

19. SporkLover

It's a bit more than my black one, but certainly something I can easily live with.

20. SporkLover

Well now that HTC is actually shipping Evo's again Best Buy was finally able to exchange my phone! 33 Days later!

21. xtravbx

xtravbx Well-Known Member

I need to exchange my EVO due to a overly bright splotch on my LCD. It's pretty annoying. I hope Sprint doesn't try giving me a hard time...

22. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

They shouldn't... it's covered under product defects. You didn't do it, and there's no water damage that they can try to scam you for. If they try to say other wise, just tell them it's covered because it's a product defect. It's the truth, and they can't deny that.

23. SporkLover

Best advice I can offer is to go to a third party repair center. For the most part they don't repair phones, they just order replacements.

To find a third party repair center, go to the sprint website, use the store locator, and find non corporate store repair centers.

24. whtge8

whtge8 Well-Known Member

There is nothing wrong with your phone. If you keep having problems with your HTC's then why do you continue to buy them?

25. SporkLover

Well it's been replaced, the reps saw exactly what I saw and agreed it was a defect. Take a look at the lower left corner. Does yours do that? I'm going to guess not.

I keep buying HTC's because, despite all of their QC issues, when you get a good example they are great phones. Same reason I keep buying GM cars. For the most part the ones I've used were QC nightmares, but when everything was working, I would have never thought twice about buying the cars.