EVO getting less press than the Pre did?

Last Updated:

1. ImmaSlave4U

ImmaSlave4U Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm a launch day Palm Pre owner and last year, I seem to recall a lot more press for the Pre than the EVO. It seemed almost everyday for a month I'd see the Pre being discussed or displayed on Fox Business, etc. before it was released June 6th. Maybe because the Pre was thought as a possible major turn around for Palm, and HTC is not in the same trouble Palm was in? But it really appears that there are very little media mentions outside of those less-than-credible tech blogs that recycle the same minor details around. I also remember quite a few more hands-on video reviews on youtube.

Anyone else notice this? I could be wrong, but it seems that even the little "leak" of the new iPhone in Indonesia received more mainstream media attention than the EVO did on the same day the price and release date were announced at the "media event" on the east coast. :eek: I just want HTC & Sprint to make a 3-point basket from 'downtown' with this one!

Advertisement
  2. rockman1117

rockman1117 Well-Known Member

I think the reason got more pub was because it was a new turn for Palm and for smartphones in general.

The Evo is really not that different from an Incredible besides the front facing camera and the WiMax. It'll get more coverage towards the end of the month, but for right now its just "another android" phone to mainstream people.

3. ImmaSlave4U

ImmaSlave4U Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

^ Yea, I think you're right. But then how is this going to be a big hit if it's basically "just another android" to the average cell phone user? I guess it's just not going to be. I'm O.K. with that but it'd be nice if there were more excitment and buzz about it. Moto Droid got a lot of attention and still does get a fair amount of buzz. ::shrug:: And weall know the media sateration that will take place for the fourth iPhone.

BTW, if it weren't for this forum and the Pre/AndroidCentral forums, I don't think I would have heard of the Incredible.

Also, I've been unable to view the vids that engadget posted from the east coast 'media event'...im on my Pre now and was wondering if anyone had youtube links for the vids?

4. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member

it'll sweep the pre talk if it gets two things: word of mouth from people in 4G networks, and a marketing campaign that drills in unmistakably that 4g makes 3g its red-headed stepson

Sprint might have already used up their goodwill so the talking heads can't be expected to give too much love.