EVO HotSpot discount

Last Updated:

1. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys,

I am wondering if my employee discount would be applied the $30 a month HotSpot option. Im a part time home depot employee and get 25% off my bill (yea, it kicks ass). I have heard that discounts like this are not applied to the 10 dollar premium data fee. But, would it apply to the 30 dollar hotspot option??

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. DarkNeo

DarkNeo Well-Known Member

Isnt it 25% off the total bill?

3. Geo McAndroid

Geo McAndroid Member

Corporate discounts are applied to the 'base' cost of the plan only - no other fees. You will not receive the discount on the $10 premium data charge, hotspot, or anything else a la carte.

BenChase7 likes this.
  4. Agent Jones

Agent Jones Well-Known Member

no discount on extra services like sprint tv premium or hot spot..

just root and its free

BenChase7 likes this.
  5. BenChase7

Not sure, i havent calculated it myself. I read in a couple threads that it may not apply to the 10dollar premium data portion. so, not exactly sure. thats why im asking... curious if anyone knows for sure about the hotspot option.

6. thomasanderson

thomasanderson Well-Known Member

Thats not true. The discount is applied to everything except the $7.00 Insurance, and now the $10 data add on and $30 hotspot, thats why there is a thread complaining about this very issue. Everything on my bill used to get discounted separately. From the Family locator to the Premium t.v. I even get 25% off my blackberry PAM charge every month. Your discount is suppose to apply to "ALL" recurring services that Sprint provides. I think its a little greedy for them to deny the discount towards the Evo's features, and illegal if Im not mistaken.

7. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Well-Known Member

Illegal? How so? Seriously, trying to understand your angle...

8. BenChase7

same here, i get 25% off as a part time home depot employee... sounds like a blessing, not a crime.

9. Tiako

Tiako Well-Known Member

Just root it.

10. hawkijustin

hawkijustin Well-Known Member

PDAnet or root.

11. nahpungnome

nahpungnome Well-Known Member

Yeah I was hoping that the $20 (I have 2 EVOs) would be discounted for me as well, but it's a flat fee that doesn't get discounted. Still, $120 a month for 2 EVOs with the 1500minute plan is awesome. VZW with my discount woulda been $150, not worth the difference and my service has been solid.

12. BenChase7

no doubt, i aint goin nowhere.

13. thomasanderson

thomasanderson Well-Known Member

Just saying from a contractual standpoint. If youre a corporation telling another corporation if you do business with us, as an incentive we will discount "every" recurring charge on your bill a certain amount(be it anywhere from 10% to 30% depending on where you work), and you then say "oh by the way this recurring charge wont be discounted because we think its a premium service" you are breaking the terms of the agreement.

Dont get me wrong I know Sprint is a company in it to make money and I am really happy with Sprint, and love my Evo. I was just hoping they would have stayed consistent with the discounts. Coming from a Blackberry where the PAM was discounted I was certain the Mobile Hotspot would be. It was just a little disappointing.

14. Captain Sexy

Captain Sexy Well-Known Member

Is everybody suppose to get a 25% company discount? When I got my phone the girl told me 20% then my bill showed 16% do I need to bitch?

15. K4KAI

K4KAI Well-Known Member

I don't agree. Before my HERO, the wife and I used the SPRINT LG LOTUS on the TALK FOR FAMILY PLAN along with the optional DATA PACKAGE. We got the 25% employee discount on the cost of both.

16. K4KAI

K4KAI Well-Known Member

Sprint has different discounts for different companies. I am not sure of how this works. For example, I have retired from both IBM and Lockheed Martin. My IBM discount is 25%, while the Lockheed discount is much less, I don't remember the exact percentage, suffice it to say, it was much less.

17. Kevin C

Kevin C Well-Known Member

Can't we just be thankful that we get a discount??
    I know when I was getting my company discount with AT and sTink...it was only off of the primary line base rate.
    With Sprint, I get it off the base on all 5 lines...