• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EVO HotSpot discount

BenChase7

Android Expert
Jun 16, 2010
Phoenix
Hey guys,

I am wondering if my employee discount would be applied the $30 a month HotSpot option. Im a part time home depot employee and get 25% off my bill (yea, it kicks ass). I have heard that discounts like this are not applied to the 10 dollar premium data fee. But, would it apply to the 30 dollar hotspot option??

Thanks!

Corporate discounts are applied to the 'base' cost of the plan only - no other fees. You will not receive the discount on the $10 premium data charge, hotspot, or anything else a la carte.
Thats not true. The discount is applied to everything except the $7.00 Insurance, and now the $10 data add on and $30 hotspot, thats why there is a thread complaining about this very issue. Everything on my bill used to get discounted separately. From the Family locator to the Premium t.v. I even get 25% off my blackberry PAM charge every month. Your discount is suppose to apply to "ALL" recurring services that Sprint provides. I think its a little greedy for them to deny the discount towards the Evo's features, and illegal if Im not mistaken.

Upvote 0
Thats not true. The discount is applied to everything except the $7.00 Insurance, and now the $10 data add on and $30 hotspot, thats why there is a thread complaining about this very issue. Everything on my bill used to get discounted separately. From the Family locator to the Premium t.v. I even get 25% off my blackberry PAM charge every month. Your discount is suppose to apply to "ALL" recurring services that Sprint provides. I think its a little greedy for them to deny the discount towards the Evo's features, and illegal if Im not mistaken.

Yeah I was hoping that the $20 (I have 2 EVOs) would be discounted for me as well, but it's a flat fee that doesn't get discounted. Still, $120 a month for 2 EVOs with the 1500minute plan is awesome. VZW with my discount woulda been $150, not worth the difference and my service has been solid.

Upvote 0
Yeah I was hoping that the $20 (I have 2 EVOs) would be discounted for me as well, but it's a flat fee that doesn't get discounted. Still, $120 a month for 2 EVOs with the 1500minute plan is awesome. VZW with my discount woulda been $150, not worth the difference and my service has been solid.

no doubt, i aint goin nowhere.

Upvote 0
Illegal? How so? Seriously, trying to understand your angle...
Just saying from a contractual standpoint. If youre a corporation telling another corporation if you do business with us, as an incentive we will discount "every" recurring charge on your bill a certain amount(be it anywhere from 10% to 30% depending on where you work), and you then say "oh by the way this recurring charge wont be discounted because we think its a premium service" you are breaking the terms of the agreement.

Dont get me wrong I know Sprint is a company in it to make money and I am really happy with Sprint, and love my Evo. I was just hoping they would have stayed consistent with the discounts. Coming from a Blackberry where the PAM was discounted I was certain the Mobile Hotspot would be. It was just a little disappointing.

Upvote 0
Is everybody suppose to get a 25% company discount? When I got my phone the girl told me 20% then my bill showed 16% do I need to bitch?

Sprint has different discounts for different companies. I am not sure of how this works. For example, I have retired from both IBM and Lockheed Martin. My IBM discount is 25%, while the Lockheed discount is much less, I don't remember the exact percentage, suffice it to say, it was much less.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones