Evo i love it. Sprint very dissatisfied.

Last Updated:

1. mistax

mistax Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone have this issue when they ported to get a evo? Since ordering the evo i had nothing, but problems with sprint. First i get charge twice incorrectly for my evo order and my card almost get max out. Than my bill comes and its about 90 dollar over what is suppose to be the prorated charge + the first month. I call into get my 50 dollar invoice and activation corrected and i get the run around from the reps. Not a single rep seem remotely interested in keeping a customer. Finally when asking about canceling i get to different activation days and two different answer to what i pay. One person told me i had to pay the service i've used up so far and the other said i didn't have to pay anything at all. I'm concerned right now since i don't have an exact day and i don't wanna get hit by random fee from sprint like a year later.

Overall I loved my evo and i don't want to return it, but my first impression of sprints customer service is very dissatisfing. I came from att and i know all about bad service and customer service, but at least they were straighfoward with my bill. If someone knows a way to call in and deal with this issue with sprint please let me know, because i really hate it if i have to go back to Att and get an iphone and get screwed by the new tier data just to get a little bit better customer service.

Advertisement
  2. Lord_Kaizer

Lord_Kaizer Member

Yeah they are very greedy,my first bill with them is $180, im not going to be paying all of that in one shot :p

3. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

I feel your pain here. I have had no trouble with Sprint but VZW just charged my account with $538 dollars to pay a relative's bill who has the same last name, and lives on the same street as I do. Sadly it has been several weeks, and they are still insisting that there is nothing they can do and that I must have authorized this transfer.:mad: AAAARGH. Good luck with Sprint though.

4. pwabbit

pwabbit Well-Known Member

Once in a while I get an idiot Sprint CS Rep. When I do, I cut the call short, and call back in. Usually the second call gets someone who is not a moron. Even the Advance Technical Support group has morons. Now I am not implying that all CS's are morons, the vast majority of the reps are intelligent, honest people. Problem is, the morons stand out. I have had just as many morons dealing with AT&T and Verizon. I think the bad people keep switching from AT&T to Verizon to Sprint and back to AT&T. There can't possibly be that many incompetent people in this world, or can there be?

5. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

There can be, trust me.

6. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

if you really really have no luck with calling in you can email dan@sprint.com. You will be contacted by a rep that will try to resolve the issue you have. I terminated my service and I'm still getting calls from someone "in the office of Dan" to come back to them... so that office does seem to have a slight interest.

7. unwallflower

unwallflower Well-Known Member

I totally agree... it's not so much that they have BAD customer service as it is that they all tell you different things. There seems to be absolutely no consistency in how they train their representatives.

When I bought my Evo it was on a second line, and I transferred it to my line. A rep on Sprint chat told me that he would put a note on the account saying to manually apply the rebate to my account (because if you transfer the phone within 30 days you forfeit the mail in rebate). This was all without my prompting. I asked him if it was possible to buy the phone on one line and transfer it to another, and he said well, it would void the mail in rebate but he could put a note on the account to have them apply it manually.

Great, right? Well, AFTER I bought the phone I was told that there was absolutely no way they could apply the rebate manually and they were sorry, but they had no idea why THEIR rep would tell me that. It took an hour and a half on the phone with them telling me that there was no way they could do what they TOLD me they could do, and I finally said fine, transfer me to someone who can cancel all of my lines because this customer service is ridiculous. I was on hold forever, hung up on them... and then I got a call back saying sorry for the inconvenience, and they would apply the rebate right away.

So yeah. Sprint customer service is conflicting. Not awful, but nobody knows what the heck they're talking about. If you call five times with a question and speak to five different reps you'll probably get five different answers. Good thing they're cheap compared to the other carriers, otherwise I would be switching in a heartbeat.

8. PrO1210

PrO1210 Well-Known Member

Ill give you my hero + $125... and you tell them that they sent you the wrong phone... ;-) Lmk!

9. Velocd

Velocd Well-Known Member

I've had sprint for a number of years. If you want to get anything done with them you ask for customer retentions when you are having issues like that. Don't even deal with standard customer service. It's not worth your time or effort. Honestly this is the department I talk to with any company I do business with. They are their to make you happy. The people you first talk to are they in case you are stupid enough to put up with their s***.

10. Baboontyme

Baboontyme Active Member

I used to have Sprint back in the '99-'04 timeframe or so. I remembered them being largely incompetent compared to what I experienced at VZW and ATT before I switched back when I got my EVO. Times sure haven't changed.

Did not get a signal in my home office when I brought the EVO home so inquired about getting an Airave. Told them I would have to cancel (bluffing, b/c work will pay for it.) I was told you can't order them from Sprint and have to get them from a Sprint retail store.

I called two local stores and both told me they didn't carry them and I have to get them from Sprint directly.

Called back and finally found someone who could get me one. She and her manager would not comp it for me because I'm in a high coverage area. Ok fine, just send it out ASAFP. She gives me the instructions, tells me specifically all I have to do is plug it in when I get it and I should have it in 2-3 days.

A week goes by and no Airave. I call back and guess what? They forgot to complete the order. So it never got shipped. I convinced the guy I talked to that they were going to comp it for me somehow and he agrees to send it out next day air. Tells me specifically all I have to do is plug it in and how it will find the signal, etc.

Get it a few days later. Quick setup says it's already activated, just plug it in and it will find the signal in an hour, etc. No signal. Try external antenna/gps next to a window. No signal. Actually drag the cord all the way up the basement steps into the main part of the house to see if I could get a signal. No signal.

Frustrated I call them finally. Well of course it doesn't work - you have to call us to activate it dummy!

I was less than amused.

11. mistax

yeah. right now im on a thin line with sprint, but i love my phone and the unlimited data and text the plan has. I'll call them back later to see how this goes, but so far first impression from sprint not so good.

12. Cru

Cru Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about that. We've never had any issue with Sprint. We've also had Alltel and Verizon and had tons of problems. I did call into Sprint once after having my Evo because the Radio Shack guy messed up something in the system, wasn't Sprint's fault but the rep was very knowledgeable and fixed my issue within a few minutes. On the other hand Alltel charged us in April and May and we don't even have an Alltel account for over 2 years...

13. shamim316

shamim316 Member

I am sorry to hear that. I am surprised because both times I called Sprint to first activate my line and then to move my number from AT&T I reached competent people who got the issue resolved fast. Of course they tried to sell me on accessories and insurance which I declined.

14. dhinez

dhinez Well-Known Member

I can't say that I have any issues with Sprint thus far. I've been with them for nearly 2 years. Every CS or Tech rep I get has been polite and willing to help me with my problems with either bill or tech support. For example:

I got a letter in the mail the other day stating that I got my contract extended another 2 years which in actually my contract ends in October 2010. I called in about the issue and tell them that if I had gotten my contract extended why didn't I get the EVO at the discounted price. The CS rep basically told me that I applied for an employee discount (which is true) and the discount extended my contract. She also stated she doesn't know why they would accept the discount since you cannot get a discount of the Simply Everything plan. I asked her to remove the discount as I wasn't aware that it would extend my contract another 2 years. She gladly removed it and apologized for the inconvenience. On top of that, she ended my 2 year contract early (June 8, 2010). So now I'm not on a contract anymore and don't have to wait until October to upgrade my phone again if the next best thing comes out.

15. drksilenc

drksilenc Well-Known Member

the only time i had an issue is when i bought my grandma her palm pixi. and it was the fault of the pixi not the sprint techs i spoke to

16. MisterB

MisterB Well-Known Member

The worst part about sprint, is the billing if you happen to change something. Since it is a new account, new phone, mid month yada yada, you are seeing them screw up, and then struggle to fix it. Once you get it fixed, it should be smooth sailing for another year or two when you upgrade your handset again. It is worth it. The voice quality and pricing is hard to beat.

17. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

Do the basics to get phone set up, then manage everything else online. Hate to say it, but self-service might be the way to go.

18. pgus13

pgus13 Well-Known Member

If you didn't authorize it, then what they did is ILLEGAL!!

19. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

Maybe because mine is a business account I get better service but I never have a problem with Sprint really.... And on the off chance I do have a problem calling in fixes it. I have 20 lines with them and every line gets billed correctly and service us good. They do ask if it is a business account or personal account when I first call so maybe completely separate reps and services?

20. pwabbit

I would say that Sprint's service is no worse than any other company that I do business with. Their CS has greatly improved over the years. Especially their in-store CS where I am treated like my business matters. Back in the day, Sprint had horrible in-store CS. They demonstrated that they could care less about their customers. The new CEO (Dan) has really made a difference by improving the CS.

21. mistax

thanks everyone for their input.

22. berardi1111

berardi1111 Well-Known Member

I totally hear you, but personally I've had nothing but good experiences with Sprint. It is a good brand for those who know what they're doing. I've had bad experiences with every telecom, from Verizon to Comcast, to Cingular (hell). They're all the same if you ask me.

23. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

I've been with Sprint for 11 years now, I have had one (maybe two issues) over this span. It(they) were solved within an hour to my liking. I can deal with that considering 1) I've saved 1,000's of dollars compared to anyone else 2) I doubt any other carrier could match 1 or 2 problems in 11 years of service. It would take alot to get me to leave Sprint.

24. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

I just left sprint.

Aside from some of the hardware issues people complain about in other threads, I loved my evo. Super fast and just a great overall device. I was willing to live with the issues I had.

But I do have issues with sprint. I left verizon for sprint and I'm back on verizon in less than a month or so.

Obvious difference is that sprint has a lot of out call centers and verizon is based here in america. I asked the other day where the sprint rep was from...he said india. Asked verizon....pennsylvania.
    There is an obvious language barrier and sometimes I don't understand the rep or the rep doesn't understand me. That isn't meant to be racial. But that is a slight problem

I try my best to not call into sprints customer service because its horrible.....I love verizons. I've only had one or two bad reps in two and a half years and at least six times that in a month and a half time.

I had a lot issues with my evo but my main issues were with sprint. Its ashame such a good device is not available on other carriers. I.e verizon

Although a transfer to account services always seems to fix whatever issues I may have

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

25. pwabbit

My wife and I left Verizon for the very same reasons that you are stating you left Sprint. Plus Verizon has gotten too big. They don't really care about solving the customer's problems (at least they didn't with me). Now my bother and one of my friends are having problems with Verizon. You couldn't pay me enough to go back to Verizon or AT&T. It is just not worth the aggravation.