• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EVO is the only phone with a 4" or larger screen without a movie app

whats the big deal? i have Transformers, Iron Man, Fight Club and Avatar on my phones SD and watch them when i want.. works fine

Ummmm because its more convenient to stream. You have a whopping 4 movies that you've already seen taking up space on your sd card. With something like this you have thousands of movies at your disposal and no need to wait to download to have to watch it

Upvote 0
This is something I couldnt care less about. I have zero interest in watching a movie on a 4 inch screen with not so great mono sound. It works ok in a pinch for a game or maybe a TV show, but I would never watch a full length film on my phone. I have a laptop or an iPad to watch things away from home.

If you use headphones (and frankly, why wouldn't you?) it's in stereo. And the 4.3" screen held at 12" is the same perceived size as a 42" HDTV viewed at 10 feet.

Upvote 0
This is something I couldnt care less about. I have zero interest in watching a movie on a 4 inch screen with not so great mono sound. It works ok in a pinch for a game or maybe a TV show, but I would never watch a full length film on my phone. I have a laptop or an iPad to watch things away from home.

Obviously BS or you would not have clicked on this thread.

Upvote 0
I highly recommend

Veoh

It lets you watch full length Veoh videos and movies via streaming. I just watched several minutes of "Day of the Dead" without any pauses.

Remember to thank me. ;)

Oh and addthe bookmark as a shortcut to your on-screen and you've got an app. :D

Hm.

I'd rather pay for a service that enables me to watch anything that's released on dvd/blu-ray on demand, but thanks.

Upvote 0
Just, downloaded date night, inception, and a-team straight to phone took 20 minutes for the 700 mb .avi files.when I'm done delete and get more 32gig sticks can hold a lot of shit. Why would you waIt for an app when your phone can do damn near everything your computer can. I can even download new cds in rar format and unpack straight on my phone.

Upvote 0
Just, downloaded date night, inception, and a-team straight to phone took 20 minutes for the 700 mb .avi files.when I'm done delete and get more 32gig sticks can hold a lot of shit. Why would you waIt for an app when your phone can do damn near everything your computer can. I can even download new cds in rar format and unpack straight on my phone.

what are using? torrents? or something else? and what client? feel free to PM me

Upvote 0

Because some people want to do it legally. Also, a lot of folks stream to PS3 or Xbox with Netflix, so this would be icing on the cake.

Reactions: geekaren and UTWood
Upvote 0

please pm me the info too. thanks a lot.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
All I can say to the OP is sling box. One time hit for the equipment, watch your TV anywhere and the quality is damn good on 3g as well. Of course its way better one wifi, but you can rent movies from your cable provider or watch your pay channels no problem. Plus you get the bonus of watching whatever you want when ever you want. Don't need anything more then that here.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones