Evo keeps putting itself into silent modeSupport

Last Updated:

1. Kuruption84

Kuruption84 Member This Topic's Starter

I'm not sure what's going on with my Evo, but all of a sudden it's been deciding to put itself in silent mode for no apparent reason and I'm missing tons of calls because of it. I will turn the sound back on and then all of a sudden it's off after a couple of hours for no apparent reason. I don't want to have to return the phone, but I'm not sure what other options I have at this point. Has anyone heard of this issue?

Advertisement
  2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

How long have you had the phone? Have you uninstalled all aps that have been installed since the last time it worked correctly? Rooted? Have you tried rebooting? Have yo tried a hard reset?

3. Kuruption84

Kuruption84 Member This Topic's Starter

I am rooted. I've tried a hard reset and got nothing. The only thing that I've uninstalled recently was launcher pro because I thought that might be the issue, but it's doing it with sense as well. I've had the phone for about three months, but it just recently started doing this about 2-3 weeks ago.

4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Try deleting dalvik, cache, batt stats and reflashing your ROM over your current ROM with no Data wipe. Typically you won't loose data this way ...even consider after that (if it doesn't work) trying a new ROM to see if it does it on that ROM.

and don't forget to make nandroids