EVO Music Player on Car Stereo?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. stevenflaugher

stevenflaugher Member This Topic's Starter

Is it possible to hook up my EVO to my car stereo (there is an AUX outlet on it) to play music through the stereo? If so, what kind of connecting cable will I need?

Advertisement
  2. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

Yeah, its possible. I actually do this in my car whenever my girlfriend takes my ipod touch hostage. All you would need is an auxiliary cable with 3.5mm connector on one end and whatever size your cars auxillary part is (usually 3.5mm as well). Cable is cheap, usually will run you about $5-$20 bucks depending on brand at your local Walmart, Best Buy, or Radio Shack. Or probably even cheaper if you buy it offline and dont mind the wait.

3. stevenflaugher

Great news!

So it's called an "auxillary cable"?

Any particular brands recommended?

4. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

Griffin is a decent brand, that's the brand I'm using right now. I purchased a Dynex one (Best Buy brand) but that one went out on me after a week of use or so. Also Monster (known for their quality) makes them as well, though I'm pretty sure they might be a bit more expensive than the other brands. But honestly, any brand would do just fine, just make sure the actual build of the cable is good quality, and you shouldn't have any problems.

5. zombdroid

zombdroid Well-Known Member

bvbull200 likes this.
  6. stevenflaugher

Thanks a lot. I'll check these out.

Does anyone know if the sound quality is similar to playing a CD?

7. zombdroid

zombdroid Well-Known Member

I listen to the MP3 player occasionally and Pandora everyday. My wife's ride has a premium stereo system and it sounds awesome. Sounds pretty good in my old car too. I no longer use CDs or my MP3 player in my car.

Oh, almost forgot, you can change the Pandora preferences to stream in a higher quality mode. If your 3G signal is weak you may experience ocassional skips.

8. stevenflaugher

I ran out and bought the Griffin auxiliary audio cable from Best Buy today. I'm now streaming Pandora and it sounds excellent on my car stereo. Much thanks dude!

9. overclock

overclock Well-Known Member

Check out www.monoprice.com for all of your cable needs. I've blown so much with them over the years. Now you will too! I only wish they had a micro HDMI cable.

10. bvbull200

bvbull200 Banned

As far as I'm concerned, this isn't at all what they are known for. I'm thinking something more along the lines of scam, overpriced, snake oil, etc.

I know the OP already bought his cable, but for anyone else, go through monoprice as previously mentioned. Think eBay prices with actual customer support. Otherwise, just get the least expensive cable you can find.

11. bvbull200

bvbull200 Banned

It is a 90 degree angle, but you are awesome for finding this. I had been scouring my favorite cable websites and couldn't seem to find one with a 90 degree bend. This will be PERFECT for my car setup!

12. backdown

backdown Well-Known Member

13. akin418

akin418 New Member

I hooked up to car aux but left speaker only (No stereo sound) any one had this problem

14. akin418

akin418 New Member

I have no stereo sound, left speaker only (Pandora) do you have same problem

15. Complex757

Complex757 Well-Known Member

They finally got some more back in stock.

Ordered a micro HDMI and a aux cable.

16. rtmeikle

rtmeikle Well-Known Member

Is the cable you bought a stereo cable? I bet you bought a mono cable, which could cause that problem.

17. HTCinPA

HTCinPA Member

I had the same problem, till I actually pushed the jack in all the way! It was kind of scary but you have to push it in and it will click in place. If not you only get one side playing. You should have the headphone icon on your phone. Full headset icon = stereo, half headset icon = mono...

-Art