• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EVO not living up to expectations :/

C'mon TS...there's a time to be nice when people need legitimate help...but there is also a time when people need to know their being donkeys. It's how our society works, and this guys needs to know he's being a doof.

The keyboard is damn near the easiest thing in the world to use - especially in landscape mode. Further, if maybe he took of the screen protector that isn't even designed to be left on the phone he wouldn't have so many issues.
I think he you're referring to us actually a she judging my the "nails" comments.

I could be wrong though. There's a first time for everything.

Upvote 0
*they're :rolleyes:

but yes, the factory screen protector is annoying but it's still registering my touches very sensitively.

either way, please lock this thread. apparently i'm attracting a lot of people who find it best to to what i did, bitch about something.
No she got it right there's is plural for there is.

They're is plural for they are.

Reactions: tracerit
Upvote 0
Some of you guys need to go back to flip phones. I think the hype beast bit alot of you guys in the ass. All this buyers remorse is pathetic. If you can't appreciate this phone i feel sorry for you. Don't blame the phone if you can't spell right blame your parents.I'm so sick of these cry baby threads about nothing being made example: My Evo won't change my diapers I'm taking it back to Sprint.

Rant over

that hilarious! thanks . seriously

Upvote 0
C'mon TS...there's a time to be nice when people need legitimate help...but there is also a time when people need to know their being donkeys. It's how our society works, and this guys needs to know he's being a doof.

I will respectfully disagree and side with TX on this one.

The guy has a problem with his phone, mainly that he doesn't like the way it inputs words (yea, the other 4... let's not discuss those). The purpose of the forum is to HELP one another, not to let people know that they are lame.

Forum rules clearly state this HERE.

General Conduct: Admittedly, I'm probably a little more anal about this topic than some. I have very little tolerance for uncalled for disrespect. With that said.. read on. Please treat other members with respect. These forums were put together for Android fans to come together and help each other, collaborate and discuss in a positive way

Reactions: twospirits
Upvote 0
you're right. i surrender :/

but yeah mod, i think it's best to close the thread. i just feel i approached this all the wrong way.
Hey I was one of the ones that wasnt attacking you and trying to help you.

No need to surrender. Dont get all bent out of shape because some person behind their computer is trashing you. They're the idiots who have nothing better to do in life than to bash someone on the internet. Take it with a grain of salt and not personally.

Like water off a ducks back.

Upvote 0
The thing is, he isn't even using his phone properly...and he knows it. So why bother helping when he won't even use his phone as it was meant to be used? Take of the protector, calibrate, and put your faith in word correction.

The finger nails thing is a product of the screen type - it won't work with your nail, stylus, tooth, etc...you need to use your fingers (that's what she said).

Oh, and apologies for "their" when it should be "they're" - it's a pet peeve of mine, I appreciate it.:)

Upvote 0
So i've waitied 4 days for this beast to get to me. I was extremely happy I got it for a good price from wirefly with bing cashback. However, shortly after that a few things killed my thunder :/

1-4: bitching, whining, moaning, complaining about irrelevant non-EVO issues.

5. Typing is a bitch! The TP2 had a lot of leeway in terms of finger accuracy whereas every other word typed on the EVO is a misspelled

I still have the Sprint first steps instruction taped to the EVO as a temp screen protector, maybe that's why my typing has been so bad? I've also noticed my nail doesn't register a touch screen response whereas the Touch Pro 2 does let me use my finger nail to click on those small linkable icons. I feel like i'm playing finger tennis again, trying to find that sweet spot of my finger to push the button lol.

1-4: you can take pills for that :D

5: theres a beautiful microphone icon at the bottom left of that keyboard. Try pressing it some time :D

Upvote 0
The thing is, he isn't even using his phone properly...and he knows it. So why bother when he won't even use his phone as it was meant to be used? Plus, his whole tone and the attitude of his first post is incredibly off-putting.

The finger nails thing is a product of the screen type - it won't work with your nail, stylus, tooth, etc...you need to use your fingers (that's what she said).

Oh, and apologies for "their" when it should be "they're" - it's a pet peeve of mine, I appreciate it.:)

Then simply don't respond if it's "off-putting." Constructive criticism can be helpful when worded correctly.

Upvote 0
Then simply don't respond if it's "off-putting." Constructive criticism can be helpful when worded correctly.

You're also going to get a better response when:

1 - You dont come in whining like some teenager with a sense of entitlement larger than the state of Texas.

2 - You use the phone properly. I didn't cover my phone in saran wrap and complain about it.

Upvote 0
You're also going to get a better response when:

1 - You dont come in whining like some teenager with a sense of entitlement larger than the state of Texas.

2 - You use the phone properly. I didn't cover my phone in saran wrap and complain about it.

Regardless of how the OP worded it...

Forum rules clearly state:

General Conduct: Admittedly, I'm probably a little more anal about this topic than some. I have very little tolerance for uncalled for disrespect. With that said.. read on. Please treat other members with respect. These forums were put together for Android fans to come together and help each other, collaborate and discuss in a positive way

Upvote 0
Regardless of how the OP worded it...

If you would like to continue this conversation via PM, feel free to message me. Otherwise let's help this guy get everything working correctly. :)

OK, my advice to him is to use the damn thing properly. Remove the Sprint cover that isn't intended to be there, calibrate, and realize that the issue isn't nearly the issue he thought it was.

Tracer, don't complain about something when you know what the problem is and are refusing to do anything to correct it. Give your screen a good swabbing when a real protector arrives and you'll be fine.

Upvote 0
OK, my advice to him is to use the damn thing properly. Remove the Sprint cover that isn't intended to be there, calibrate, and realize that the issue isn't nearly the issue he thought it was.

Tracer, don't complain about something when you know what the problem is and are refusing to do anything to correct it. Give your screen a good swabbing when a real protector arrives and you'll be fine.
I wouldnt even use a screen protector. The screen is already scratch resistant.

My Hero was in my pocket without any kind of case on it or screen protector and the screen looked like new 6 months later. Even with keys and change and whatever else was in my pocket. That was until I smashed it onto the pavement for pissing me off.

Upvote 0
i think there were some good advice.

1. calibrated it.
2. trim your nails till you get more used to it
3. try to ignore the letters on the screen as you type. Let the correction function do its thing. You will be very surprised how well it will find what you are looking for.

Upvote 0
So i've waitied 4 days for this beast to get to me. I was extremely happy I got it for a good price from wirefly with bing cashback. However, shortly after that a few things killed my thunder :/

1-4: bitching, whining, moaning, complaining about irrelevant non-EVO issues.

5. Typing is a bitch! The TP2 had a lot of leeway in terms of finger accuracy whereas every other word typed on the EVO is a misspelled

I still have the Sprint first steps instruction taped to the EVO as a temp screen protector, maybe that's why my typing has been so bad? I've also noticed my nail doesn't register a touch screen response whereas the Touch Pro 2 does let me use my finger nail to click on those small linkable icons. I feel like i'm playing finger tennis again, trying to find that sweet spot of my finger to push the button lol.

You sound like the old lady I spoke to at the sprint store that told me she didn't like the evo because touch screens are too sensitive for her, and she needed a regular keyboard.

If the keyboard is your complaint u dont need to be on an Android fan forum to express that; rather a knitting forum.

I'll let the ol bag know you'll be registering....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones