evo not sending or receiving mmsSupport

Last Updated:

1. jkulnane

jkulnane New Member This Topic's Starter

okay, so I'm a new evo owner, had the phone for about 2 weeks. Love it, it's the best. Onto the problem. When I first got my phone I was sending and recieving pics no problem. A few days later I was not able to send a pic. I thought it might be too big, but knew that the evo should reduce the size and send it. After doing some reading online, I found many people suggested downloading handcent. I did this, but still can't send or receive mms. My phone is not rooted, don't know what that would do anyway.

I know there are some hardcore evo users reading these threads and I see many people have had the same problem I have, but I have not found an answer to this yet.

It's not a huge deal if I can't see the picture my buddy send me of his ass, but with this phone I should be able to see it if I want to. Any help is much appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Call sprint customer service. There have been a lot of tower outages over the last few weeks.

3. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

4. jkulnane

jkulnane New Member This Topic's Starter

well I could not wait for an answer so I did a hard reset on the phone. Oops, I forgot to store my contact on the sd card so had to go to sprint today and have them redo the contacts list from my old phone. tried sending a pic via the default mms and it did not work. downloaded handcent again and was just able to send a pic. This is what happened before, it worked then just stopped working. We shall c

5. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Did you call Customer Service yet?

6. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

indeed, i would have stopped at the stock msg app not sending. take the phone in to a service repair center or call customer care