EVO not support clickable links?Support

Last Updated:

1. Jugiatsu

Jugiatsu New Member This Topic's Starter

Alright lets see how well I can explain this. Why does the HTC EVO not support clickable links? For example, if I were to send this link in an email to my gmail account which is tied to my phone.

www.google.com

It does not show up with the blue-hyperlink and just shows up in plain text format.

The same thing for browsing websites (such as forums) on the EVO. If someone posts a link such as:

www.checkthisout.com or say a youtube video www.randomyoutubevideo.com, I cannot click on them.

It just appears as plain text. And I cannot for the life of me figure out how to click and drag to "select" that text as it just moves my screen around.

Is there an app similair to something like "linkification" for firefox that works on the HTC EVO?

Advertisement
  2. quentin135

quentin135 Well-Known Member

Unless I'm not understanding your problem, I'm not running into it at all. The EVO fully supports "clickable links."

In fact, I saw your post on my EVO's stock browser and saw your two test links. Both were blue-hyperlinked and I clicked the randomyoutube one - it sent me to a website. Then, using the gmail app, I sent an email with a link to myself and when I opened it, it was blue and clickable.

What browser/email app are you using?

3. Jugiatsu

Jugiatsu New Member This Topic's Starter

I am just using whatever comes standard with the phone. The default gmail app. Just to test I tried looking up this post on my EVO as well and neither of my test links were hyperlinked.

What app are you using to browse the internet?

4. quentin135

quentin135 Well-Known Member

I'm also using the standard stock browser on the phone so I'm not sure why yours isn't displaying links properly. Haven't really heard of anyone running into this problem to be honest. Maybe try resetting the browser's settings to default and see what happens...

5. southlake

southlake Member

Did anyone ever figure this out? I can't click on links either, in the stock email app or the Yahoo email app. Very frustrating. I also can't figure out, after selecting/copying the text, how to even paste it anywhere. Help please :(

6. KENNECTED

KENNECTED Well-Known Member

Works fine for me. Is your system up to date and have you checked your gmail and/or browser settings, in case you've accidentally changed a setting that would prevent you from opening up links?

7. KENNECTED

Works fine for me. Is your system up to date and have you checked your gmail and/or browser settings, in case you've accidentally changed a setting that would prevent you from opening up links?

8. KENNECTED

9. Miami580

Miami580 New Member

Same problem here using EVO 4G. Have never been able to click on links in email. Everything is up to date.

10. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

first off welcome to the forums!!!!!!

weird that you are having this issue. has this always been like that? i would try and clear out cache and see if that improves things. also maybe try and doing a hard reset. otherwise i would maybe take it in to a sprint store and see if they have a tech that can fix that.

11. Miami580

Miami580 New Member

Thanks.

I did some more testing and noticed that the issue is happening on emails received from a Microsoft Exchange Server. I did some test emails from a regular ISP email account and the links were clickable.

12. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

nice! glad you figured it out.

13. southlake

southlake Member

Which e-mail accounts run through a Microsoft Exchange Server? Yahoo must be one of them? My links are not clickable in my Yahoo e-mail on either the Yahoo app or the native Android app.

14. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

some apps have the choice in the menu settings to disable all links as a form of protection. you may check those settings and see as it will be different from app to app. I use neither of the above

15. southlake

southlake Member

Thanks for the tip. I just checked settings in both the Yahoo app & Android app, there is no setting to turn on or off clickable links. So frustrating!