1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

EVO OEM (HTC) Weather App/widget

Last Updated:

1. TambourineMan

TambourineMan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The Weather program that came with EVO gives me the weather where I am which is pretty much pointless as I can just look out the window.

It knows where I am and shows the city and state. But if I try to add this city ans state as a location it tells me it can't find that city and state. Duh! What I want to do is to add my office, home and summer home locations so I can toogle between them (or let the phone cycle between them) so when I am at one, I will know the weather at the other two but even though it knows these locations while I am there, it doesn't allow me to add them.

I think there are zillions of weather apps in the Market. Any insights on which will do what I want?

Advertisement
  2. jcthorne

jcthorne Well-Known Member

The location on the weather app screen is the location of the cell tower you are currently connected to. The lookup list for weather in other places is an entirely different list of major cities. You will have to look up weather in the nearest major city to where your office and summer home etc are.

3. TambourineMan

TambourineMan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

so which weather apps will let me input zipcodes for which I want weather info and then will cycle thru them? (I don't need to know the weather where I am at. I can just look out the window.0

4. gww528

gww528 Active Member

5. spl7

spl7 New Member