EVO or EPIC

Last Updated:

1. crow11ad

crow11ad Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone who has the EVO are you getting the EPIC? What do you like and not like about the EVO?
    Is anyone holding out for the EPIC and passing on the EVO? Just trying to get some opinions....who know this may help others as well.

Advertisement
  2. WSFrazier

WSFrazier Active Member

Sticking with Evo. Best phone I have ever had by far, and not a single issue with it.

I don't like sliders at all, usually add to the bulk/size of the phone. Plus the display is smaller. I also like HTC Sense UI.

3. Prince Muzic

Prince Muzic Active Member

Holding out fot epic

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

4. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Holding out for Epic or better. November is upgrade time.

5. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

Holding out for the Epic phone.

I thought you were getting an Evo :p

lol

6. IOWA

After seeing so many problems with the EVO, and my bias towards slider qwerty, EPIC is the only logical choice for a high end Android phone on Sprint ;);)

7. thekarens

thekarens Well-Known Member

The Evo doesn't have any more problems than any other new phone. I'd be willing to bet money the Epic will have problems too.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4g

8. IOWA

Problems? Sure. But screens coming off the phone, dust under the screen, and cheap drivers are huge problems IMO.

9. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Well-Known Member

I'll still get the EVO... hopefully, the build issues are done with.

10. UrbanMuppet

UrbanMuppet Guest

No longer a contributing member. Account pending for deletion.

11. Adrift

Adrift Well-Known Member

Wow.... sounds alot like Hero. HTC has always had quality control issues.

12. yaobling

yaobling Member

Holding out for the Epic. Need the keyboard.

13. IOWA

Thing is... all the manufacturers are bad now... Moto locking bootloaders... HTC Cheaping out on hardware quality, and Samsung writing crap software. Ugh.

14. xxINFIDELxx

xxINFIDELxx Well-Known Member

Sticking with EVO. I still have an eligible upgrade on my line since I used the upgrade on my stepson's line to get the EVO. I'll see what comes out this time next year, but unless it's a huge upgrade in tech I'll hold onto the EVO. Love this phone! Today I had mine out next to a coworker who just got the iPhone 4g. We did a side by side comparison of features. His camera takes great pictures. The screen looks good too just not that noticible since the EVO is gigantic next to the iPhone. We both logged onto the broadband.gov FCC app and tested speeds inside a concrete walled building with lockers surrounding us and I was still able to get a 4G signal with no bars showing and achived a 3.22 download and .88 upload. His 3g had 1.35 down and .33 up. Seems lately the 4g signal in Richmond,VA has got better but is still spotty at times. His phone had similar issues to the EVO when opening some apps like force closing which I saw his do 3 times. He likes the EVO but is staying with AT&T due to contract.

15. ro529

ro529 New Member

after my headache with the Hero, im looking to get the Epic. Read that the hummingbird processor is faster then the snapdragon and the Evo reminds me to much of this crappy ass Hero. A buddy has the EVO and he says battery life sucks. I cant trust HTC quality after the hero.

16. Puddin422

Puddin422 Well-Known Member

+1. I've been eligible for upgrade for several months, but I've been waiting for a GOOD phone with a slider.

17. pwabbit

pwabbit Well-Known Member

I returned the Moment because of a poorly designed keyboard and a loosening slider. This return happened inside the 30 day window. A loose slider in less than 30 days... very unacceptable build quality. I ended up with the Hero. That was an awesome phone. I have had many HTC phones and they have had very good build quality. I didn't care much for the operating system (WM6), but that wasn't HTC's fault. I have had several Samsung, Sanyo, LG, Palm, Motorola phones. All of those makers suffered from poor build quality. I know the Epic will be stricken with problems and people will be looking to the next phone as the "perfect" phone. The Evo just plain rocks. Also, I would avoid sliders at all cost. They just don't seem durable enough (e.g. Mogul, Moment)