Evo orientation switch not working

1. Imarc4G

Imarc4G Well-Known Member

Guys I noticed that the orientation on my evo is not working, I checked the orientation in the setting and it's enabled. I restarted the phone and still same problem, it will not switch during web browsing, email inbox, calculator, etc...

If anybody had this problem let me know, how did you fix it.

Advertisement
  2. hd.android

hd.android Well-Known Member

Try the G-Sensor recalibrate in Settings/Sound and Display, at the bottom.
  3. Imarc4G

I try the g sensor calibration and still nothing, it did switch once, after shaking it in landscape position. But it's not even working after that.
  4. Imarc4G

Wow, it's very lagging, I have to shake it very aggressive, so it can change., I wonder why, cause I don't have apps running in the background .
  5. drprepaid

drprepaid New Member

Having the same issue. Trying to research, but still nothing. I performed recalibration multiple times.
  6. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

So you are turning your phone to the left exile on the stock browser or in say messaging? Have you rebooted the phone? Have you installed any apps that would have anything to do with orientation? Have you done a Hard Reset?
  7. speedfan

speedfan Well-Known Member

Mine got stuck in Portrait mode a few days after I got it. I had to do a factory reset to get it to work right again. I do not know what caused it
  8. Whiteboyx69

Whiteboyx69 Well-Known Member

make sure your laying the phone down on a level table and not standing it up or on its side calibrating it.
  9. mrkhone

mrkhone Member

i got the same issues here.
  10. flcusat

flcusat Member

Thanks for the tip. That fixed mime.
  11. Imarc4G

Thanks a lot, I finally got it fixed.
  12. TPT

TPT Member

Wtf?!

Just happened to me. My first ****ing glitch. I calibrated the phone and still the internet pages stay in the side view.

What to do?
  13. Imarc4G

Lay the phone flat when calibrating.
  14. TPT

TPT Member

Did it again.

Still a problem. Any other suggestions? Anyone?
  15. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

Power off, turn on, lay flat, then calibrate. That should work.
  16. probinson

probinson Well-Known Member

Sure. Take it back to where you bought it and see if they can help you. If they can't, just get a replacement phone. I don't know why everyone seems to get so worked up over problems. The phone has a warranty - use it if you need to.
  17. TPT

TPT Member

Doesn't work.
  18. TPT

TPT Member

Bringing it to a Sprint store today.

Thanks, fellas.