EVO out of commission after 2.2 updateSupport

Last Updated:

1. techjunkie860

techjunkie860 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

After installing the froyo 2.2 update the phone will not load sense. The force close window shows up and says unexpected error and keeps restarting to the white screen w/ htc in green letters. I can only access whatever comes in and shows up on the notification bar (txt, email, etc). Called sprint and they said they would swap it out but they only have the white evo available. I have no desire for the white evo, any suggestions??

Advertisement
  2. bigddybn

bigddybn Well-Known Member

Download the update to your SD card and redo it manually

3. jallp82

jallp82 Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm getting kinda the same thing. Only the Force quit just keeps popping up and I can't do anything else. I'm actually hoping they will have to replace it as I cracked the screen. Then I don't have to pay the damn $100.

I thought the White one was a Best Buy exclusive why would Sprint have it?

4. techjunkie860

techjunkie860 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Fixed it with a hard reset (1. turn off the phone 2. pull out the battery 3. put the battery back in 4. hold down the down button then while holding the volume down button press the and hold the power button 5. White screen should show and restore the phone to original settings).

I know nothing about the white evo being exclusive but that's what the rep said i could get from telesales as a replacement. I think they expected for there to be issues so there was no argument. Said they were out of the black ones and if i accepted the white one that would be it. They didn't mention paying any fee and when i said i didn't want the white evo they mention i can try a sprint store and try to exchange for a black one but they didn't have the stock for the stores so they couldn't tell me who had what.

5. cddmh

cddmh Member

How, I have it on SD card but can't figure out how to manually.

6. swatpup102

swatpup102 Well-Known Member

Just do a hard-reset when this happens. It works. No need to return anything.