EVO - Outlook CalendarSupport

Last Updated:

1. lilloarin

lilloarin New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All!

I recently got the Epic and had to return it because I was not able to "invite attendees" from the Outlook calendar using the Epic. It showed up as an attachment. So, I went back to the Blackberry, which I'm sooooooooooooo bored with! I'd like to give EVO a try and was wondering if anyone has "invited and attendee" connected to an Exchange Server on Outlook and also a Blackberry, which is what all of my coworkers use. Please advise. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to the Android Forums community! Glad you signed up! Feel free to join the conversations! :D

I'll move this to the Evo forum for you!

3. bzxzlg

bzxzlg Member

From what I've seen, the stock programs fail to utilise the GAL when you've gotten connected to your remote exchange server ... Like you in this regard, I'm totally on board with you ... Not sure if there are any other options available ... I just make it all work by hook and crook ...

4. Wadester

Wadester Well-Known Member

Check into Exchange by TouchDown ($19.99). They claim to support most Exchange features including Tasks.

5. dels28

dels28 Well-Known Member

I would recommend touchdown by exchange as well. I had downloaded the trial version two different time because my corporation uses outlook and I couldn't sync it for nothing. I researched all over the web and decided to give it one more try, wala, it worked. My task, calendars, folders, everything is there, just a little clunky, but it works and IO'm satisfied with that.

lilloarin likes this.
  6. lilloarin

lilloarin New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks so much. I'll give TouchDown a try!

7. denise1768

denise1768 Well-Known Member

Yes, you can add attendees. When you create the calendar entry, I believe you then press menu again, then you'll see "meeting invitation". Here you can find people on the exchange. For some reason, you then get 2 meetings on your calendar. One that is just a solo meeting, and one that has the attendees. I haven't quite played with it much, so I really don't know the ins and outs, but yes, you can do it :)

8. steve053

steve053 Member

I just sent an invitation to myself to validate adn Denise is correct. I received the meeting request, and declined the invitation. I then received the declined notice.

Did this with the stock htc mail client connected to a corporate exchange server.

The only drawback to the stock client is that you can only synch one exchange account. To get around this I found the stock android mail client and loaded that one for my hotmail account/calendar/contacts.

Best of luck to you.