EVO Paint JobTips

Last Updated:

1. alxrock

alxrock Member This Topic's Starter

I'm a big fan of customization and style. So has anyone done any custom paint on their phone?

I recently got the Sprint 2600mah extended battery that came with a black and white battery cover. I felt like the white one didn't look right so I sanded it down and painted it Super Matte olive drab. It was a very easy modification that didn't take very long to do. I'm not brave enough to take my phone apart and give it a full on paint job (I had a bad experience trying to fix my NES a while back... r.i.p. and this way it won't void the warranty) I'm really happy with the way it came out. I'm planning on getting an Android sticker to slap on the back since it's looking a bit too bare without the "htc" logo on the back.

If you have some custom paint, let's see it here! Post some pics!

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. erawtik

erawtik Active Member

Not to great plastic starting comeing off in layers so this is the turn out.

Attached Files:

3. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Well-Known Member

I am shocked that Colorware hasn't focused on the EVO yet.

4. sharinlea

sharinlea Active Member

I am shocked that enough people are willing to throw that much money away to keep them in business.

Jceinc likes this.
  5. surfologist87

surfologist87 Well-Known Member

Army style, lol

alxrock likes this.
  6. Tre Lawrence

:D

I wasn't going to say that, but I mostly agree.

I think they (Colorware) know to to focus on in terms of clientele.

7. gear.h34d.2012

gear.h34d.2012 Well-Known Member

How are you liking that 2600mah battery, anyways?

8. alxrock

So far it's great. It's nice to be able to do everything I want on the phone without having to restrict my usage. With light to moderate use I was getting a good 3 days of life, and with really heavy use it still gives me at least a day and a half. My brother has an evo also and he just ordered a 3500mah from Amazon for $26 by some company called "Acase". So once he gets his, we'll have to compare.

9. evoX2

evoX2 Well-Known Member

I might take the plunge on this. I have a white evo and cant really stand the two tone color with the black front and white back. Only reason i even have it is because that was the only thing i could find back in August. Now hopefully the paint job goes down without a hitch.

10. sharinlea

sharinlea Active Member

Might be easier to post in the forums (or on CL where you could make an in person trade) looking for someone who wants to switch the back covers. For some reason there are people out there who wanted the white and couldn't get it.

11. Why So Serious?

Why So Serious? Member

Looks very clean, nice.

12. evoX2

evoX2 Well-Known Member

My GF has a black EVO and i traded back covers with her but im just wanting to give my EVO a more personal touch. So if i screw up the white battery cover then oh well.

13. Tre Lawrence

White was not a bad idea for the EVO; I would have just preferred all white.

14. evoX2

evoX2 Well-Known Member

All white and more of a matte finish would of been the way I would of gone

15. surfologist87

surfologist87 Well-Known Member

The 'matte', 'unscratchable' battery door of the black, but in white would have been really nice!

I still want to do the carbon fiber for when im not in a case but i think ill miss the 'htc' on the back

16. MegatronVsMe

MegatronVsMe Well-Known Member

How much did the battery cost?

17. alxrock

The extended battery w/ 2 battery doors (black/white) from Sprint is about $55 (pre-tax), but a lot of people say if you complain to Sprint about the price and that "it's unfair to have to pay $55 to get a full day worth of battery" through online chat or over the phone that you can get Sprint to credit you back either the full amount or partial amount to your account. I haven't tried it just yet, but I might.

My brother found an extended battery on Amazon for around $26 (aCase 3500maH extended battery) and he has been happy with it. His is a little bit thicker than mine though, and I don't like how his covers up the red ring around the camera lens. But for half the price he isn't complaining.

UPDATE: I'm averaging about 3 days (74-75 hours) on my Sprint 2600maH battery
    my brother is averaging a bit over 2 days (55-57 hours) on his.
    He uses his phone more than I do as far as calling, and playing on google maps a bit.
    I have a live wallpaper (snow falling), keep my gps and wifi on (even when there is no wifi connection) and used Navigation for a couple hours.

SSPhone likes this.
  18. shandroid

shandroid Well-Known Member

Looks good, reminds me of my hardtop, I thought about doing that to my Seidio active case, curious how long till it starts chipping/flaking....
    [​IMG]

19. crzysprstr90

crzysprstr90 New Member

ill ask my friend to post pics of her phone. she has an evo also but she air-gunned hot pink car paint to hers and its still awesome 2 months down the line.