Evo Phone vs. Instant Messages - HELPSupport

Last Updated:

1. txraistlin

txraistlin New Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so I use my new Evo phone constantly to chat on yahoo and AIM, usually through either the ebuddy, yahoo, or now the new trillian app for android. And until a few days ago the only complaint I had was that it logged off everytime I got a phone call, but it always logged back on, so no worries. I just figured it was a data vs. phone service issue.

Until now.

I started noticing that everytime I make a phone call or get a text message on my phone, my AIM and yahoo based chat services (happens in all of the above apps) disconnect, and they don't auto login again. I have to logout of the app and then log back in to reconnect. But wait, it gets better.

I was annoyed with it happening on my phone, so I just logged off the chat app on my phone and logged in on my computer instead. Then my phone rang. A few seconds after the call, my chat service disconnected... on the computer! I thought wow, strange coincidence.

So I tested it. I logged back in and made a phone call, hung up, same exact thing happened, chat services that I was logged into on my computer were disconnected within a few seconds of end the call on my phone. So I reset my phone, turned it back on, made sure no IM client related apps were running, and made a phone call. Same thing happened. And then I got a regular text message from a friend on my phone, and noticed the same thing happened, the yahoo and AIM connection on my computer disconnected.

How on earth can my phone be causing my internet based chat service on my computer to disconnect when no apps related to that feature are running on the phone (and no the phone was not connected in any way to the computer)? I am completely stumped!

I hope somebody here has a clue how to resolve this. I tested it over and over again with different programs on the phone (downloaded trillian after it started happening with the ebuddy and yahoo apps to see if it did it also, it did) and I used both yahoo by itself on my computer and other all-in-one type messenger programs with the same result. Somehow the SMS portion of the phone which is used for the IM clients doesn't disconnect anymore and is related to the phone calls. Its like the accounts have somehow been paired. This issue only began this weekend, prior to that everything was fine.

Up until this issue this has been my favorite phone ever, now I want to crush it! Please help.

Advertisement
  2. t0ast3d

t0ast3d Well-Known Member

Because you don't have data when you are on a phone call n shii..

3. txraistlin

txraistlin New Member This Topic's Starter

No really? Yes I am aware of that thank you.

But how can my data connection on my laptop, which is plugged into a LAN internet connection be affected by making a phone call with the evo?

Its like saying the printer stopped printing bc i used the evo phone, they should be two entirely distinct systems with no way to interfere with the other.

The messenger service is being disconnected whether i am logged into on the phone, or when i am using it on my computer. Doesnt matter which program, the connection is being interrupted by some sort of broadcast signal that the phone is sending out. Somehow it is retaining a permanent connection to those services, even after rebooting the phone. Now how do I remove that connection?