EVO Problems, HELP!Support

Last Updated:

1. mig1980

mig1980 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I have had my EVO for about a month now. It has been working well with the exception of one issue. This issue has happened twice (not close together in time). An example of what happens is as follows. I have my phone sitting next to me on my desk at work or wherever. All of a sudden I see a white background and it says HTC EVO 4G across the screen. It seems as if I were turning the phone off. It stays on that screen unless I manually hold down the top power button for a few seconds to power it downa nd then power it up.

Any ideas why this is happening? Has anyone else experienced this?

Advertisement
  2. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member

It sounds similar to a soft reset. Sometimes if you overload the phone it will soft reset, shows the HTC logo for a few secs and then loads back up on the home screen. Doesn't sound like anything more critical, especially having only happened twice.

3. mig1980

mig1980 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The problem is that when that happens the HTC logo stays frozzen until I do a soft reset myself. Plus, I barely use the phone so I doubt it is "overloaded". I am not a super user at all. Anyone else heard of this happening?

4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

I don't know that there has been a cause pinpointed or a solution other than rooting. mine stopped doing this once I rooted and put on a custom rom.

look through here

there have been several posts about it but it is difficult to bring up just those posts as reboot and random are very common