EVO Problems with 4smartphone Exchange

Last Updated:

1. David737

David737 Member This Topic's Starter

The EVO is my first Android phone. I am an Android new-bee and need some gentile assistance. I was using a Windows Mobile Touch Pro 2 and decided I needed to switch to the Android. I transferred my Sync as a Service?, Smartphone Mobile Solutions for Mobile Professionals | 4SmartPhone Exchange Server account to my new EVO on June 4th. My email works great, but contact loses account with similar names. I have three entries with the last name Anderson. Two show up on my EVO. I have three entries for my wife, and only 2 of the three shows up on the EVO. I tested 5 accounts with last names of Test1, Test2, Test3, Test4 & Test5. Only four of the five showed up on my EVO. I have done two hard resets and the problem did not go away. Also the calendar does not transfer over the setting for the reminder 5 or 15 minutes before the appointment. Also, for the reminders, they do not seem to make an audio alarm when the unit goes to sleep. Any ground school would be appreciated. I will change from 4smartphone if anyone has a better suggestion. Thanks, David

Advertisement
  2. David737

David737 Member This Topic's Starter

I found a fix. I did 5 hard resets and found if I start up and do not advise the EVO I have a Gmail account the Exchange systems seems to work correctly. It seems to have taken the contact data from Gmail contacts and makes them primary and ignores very similar Exchange contact. I hope this helps other new users.

3. richtj99

richtj99 Active Member

Good to know!