Evo restarts on it own... help

Last Updated:

1. Edricflo

Edricflo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Lately for the past few days my Evo has been starting on it own. In my pocket, while I'm driving on the car charger, on a table, anywhere. Anyone have any idea or a similar experience. I would just be sitting there then I hear the restart sound from thr sprint and 4g title theme. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. DarkNeo

DarkNeo Well-Known Member

Maybe a hard reset might help...Can anyone else chime in?

3. Mabster

Mabster Well-Known Member

I would suggest the same thing. settings > privacy > factory data reset

4. cary328is

cary328is Well-Known Member

I can confirm a hard reset worked for my reset problems - which means it was probably something I installed. After your hard reset - don't install all your saved apps. Install them one at a time and monitor to see which one caused the resets.

5. itslukelol

itslukelol Well-Known Member

probably advance task killer

6. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

7. RickJ

RickJ Well-Known Member

I concurr with the reset. I have been getting restarts frequently when I start navigator. In addition last night I noticed that my awake time on the phone was at 100%, though my battery still lasted throughout the day.

I did the reset this morning, reinstalled just a few apps and both the restart and awake time issues solved for now. Im of the opinion that too much crap residing in memory, as well as the possibility of bad app programming causes the restart issue. The restarts have become more and more frequent, though not to the point where it restarts by itself (at least not that im aware of).

8. RickJ

RickJ Well-Known Member

I dont use atk, however am considering installing a startup auditor mentioned elswhere if this problem continues.

9. AndroidN1Girl

AndroidN1Girl Active Member

same thing has been happening to me over the past couple of days. though it would happen while i'm on a call. in fact it just happened to me 5 mins ago which is why i'm on here. strange thing is i can still hear the other party saying "hello? hello?" while the boot screen is showing the sprint 4g logo and booting up but of course, they can't hear me.

this is frustrating to say the least. what's more frustrating is that since i bought this at best buy and i know stock is limited, i can't just go in and say, i need a replacement when this thing is backordered to no end. so i just have to bear it until their stock is replenished. ugh. :(

10. Mabster

Mabster Well-Known Member

In the future you can see what's keeping it awake by downloading Spare Parts. Load the app and go to battery history, change 'other usage' to 'partial wake usage'.

11. RickJ

RickJ Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'll try spare parts next time.

I installed system panel last night to check, however by this morning (after I restarted to confirm awake 100%) the onyl thing that matched the time frame was android system something or another, not an installed app.

12. dr g

dr g Well-Known Member