EVO Screen Protectors ThreadAccessories

Last Updated:

1. stroths

stroths Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am a big supporter of ALWAYS using a screen protector on my high end phones. This thread is for discussion of various brands available for the EVO.

According to the Sprint EVO box, no screen protector is included. I took the screenshot and compared it to a scan of my Touch Pro 2 box (see bottom of this post). The TP2 box lists it while the EVO box doesn't. Unless they messed up on the box, then the EVO will not include a screen protector.

Here are some I have found so far.

Clarivue
    Cost
    $12.99 for 2 - LINK

Thoughts
    I went ahead and ordered a pair for $12.99 shipped (clear). They also have anti-glare and I suspect they will create a privacy version as they show on their website for other phones (not that I would want one). These supposedly have the nice, smooth glass feel.

I found the coupon code Clarivue7 over at the retailmenot coupon site which took 10% bringing it down to $11.61. I figured I would give them a try since they have some good feedback and I get 2 for less than 1 Zagg.

UPDATE: I ordered over the weekend and got my shipping notification by email today (5/17), so that confirms that they are actually available now and shipping.

Clarivue Reviews
    Review 1 - PPCGeeks
    Review 2 - AndroidForums
    Review 3 - Brighthand

[​IMG]Zagg
    Cost
    Full Body - $24.99 - LINK
    Screen Coverage - $14.99 - LINK

Thoughts
    If you want a full body shield or like a more rubbery feel, then Zagg is a good choice for you. I personally like the smooth feel which is part of the reason I did not go with Zagg. Their price is also a little steep for my tastes. I have never had a Zagg, but some say it turns yellowish over time

Here are some possible Zagg coupon codes - LINK

Reviews
    Review 1 - PPCGeeks
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG] Clearfreak
    Cost
    $14.99 on their website - LINK
    $3.99 on their ebay site (free shipping) - LINK
    Thoughts
    I am not familiar with this seller, but they were mentioned in this thread, so I added them in.
    [​IMG]
    Ghost Armor (pre-order)
    Cost
    $14.99 for full body coverage - LINK
    $10.00 - Pre-order price for full body coverage (as of 5/18 anyways).

Thoughts
    I haven't used it, but I have heard good things from others.

PhantomSkinz
    (Pre-Order) - Compliments of GeneralPatton
    Cost
    $9.95 Screen Only
    $24.95 Full Body
    $24.95 Matte Full Body
    COUPON: Use code SPRING25 for 25% off. Still appears to work

PhantomSkinz EVO 4G LINK

Personal Thoughts
    Originally I was going to get the ZAGG InvisibleSHIELD, however, I heard from friends that it has a rough texture, so moving your finger around your screen may not feel 'right' .. with that being said, I decided to Pre-Order the "screen only" $9.95 PhantomSkinz. Right now, my status is "Held for Shipping" and the S/H Cost was free, so my total was indeed, $9.95 ​
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Touch Pro Box (left) vs EVO box (right). Note that no screen protector is listed on the EVO box like it is on the TP2.

[​IMG]

Advertisement
    Leafgreen, Cerce, KING!!! and 6 others like this.
  2. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

I actually started a thread kind of like this in the Android Lounge, it's in my sig if you want to check it our or contribute.

I got my Clairvue (ultra-clear) screen protectors about a week ago. I think it takes a minimum of five business days.

mrvirginia likes this.
  3. tracerit

tracerit Well-Known Member

wow i hope they do include a screen protector. I was a fan of the stock OEM protector that came with my TP2 until it got caught with my finger and ruined :/

4. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

Yeah I'm almost positive there won't be a screen protector included with the phone.

5. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Well-Known Member

other notable mentions...
    these haven't been released yet but just so others have options later down the road.

there's also:
    boxwave
    seidio
    steinheil

so glad that's in your sig! i would've never found it haha. great thread! thumbs up

6. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton Well-Known Member

PhantomSkinz (Pre-Order)
    Cost
    $9.95 Screen Only
    $24.95 Full Body
    $24.95 Matte Full Body

PhantomSkinz EVO 4G LINK

Personal Thoughts
    Originally I was going to get the ZAGG InvisibleSHIELD, however, I heard from friends that it has a rough texture, so moving your finger around your screen may not feel 'right' .. with that being said, I decided to Pre-Order the "screen only" $9.95 PhantomSkinz. Right now, my status is "Held for Shipping" and the S/H Cost was free, so my total was indeed, $9.95

stroths likes this.
  7. stroths

stroths Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks GeneralPatton. I added it to the OP plus the coupon code SPRING25 which takes 25% off your order.

8. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton Well-Known Member

Yeah, I seen that. (Wish I knew of the Coupon before I ordered .. but, oh well) :eek:

9. MyFishWagon

MyFishWagon Well-Known Member

I'm still on the fence with the PhantomSkinz. I really want the Matte front only, but they only sell it as the whole kit (Front and back) for 25... I may have to dish it out though, I much prefer the matte (non fingerprint grabber) over the regular glossy look :)

EDIT: Well, I just applied coupon code SPRING25, and now the total is $18 ! woohoo !

10. notalky

notalky Member

11. MyFishWagon

12. NiCK Crush

NiCK Crush Well-Known Member

Why am I having such a difficult time choosing one?? Haha

13. Autosuggestion

Autosuggestion Well-Known Member

Was pretty disappointed with PS for my Incredible.

I'll be buying GA or Clarivue for my EVO.

14. SMC333

SMC333 Member

Made the tough decision haha. Just ordered my PS screen only... Came out to 7.46 for 2, can't beat that.

15. hyabusha

hyabusha Active Member

16. PhantomSkinz Guru

PhantomSkinz Guru Active Member

MyFishWagon,

I wanted to take a moment and clarify our Matte Finish Full Body Kit production and shipment (what you can expect to receive). Basically, we produce an entire 2 kits made from the Matte film (this includes screens) and also include 2 of our Original Clear screen protectors. This gives our customer the choice of screen coverage. Matte screen coverage is definitely a personal preference. We feel there are significant features and benefits to the Matte finish, but some customers prefer the clear screen protector.

For those customers that have tried our Matte Screen protectors and wish to order them without the rest of the Full Body Kit, you can order Clear Screen Protectors and put a "Note to PhantomSkinz" in your order indicating that you ONLY want the Matte screen protectors. You will only receive Matte Screen Protectors.

I hope this clarifies things.

Guru

17. Clock

Clock Well-Known Member

That's a lot of good research, folks; thank the man!

18. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

Wow I have to make a choice here. Based on the comments here...I'm leaning towards clarivue or steinheil. Maybe you people can help me here. What is the ''official'' best screen protector???

19. MyFishWagon

Great, thanks for the reply. This is surprising news, because I called you guys early this morning, I spoke to one of your reps. Perhaps the rep was misinformed, but she told me that as far as the Matte finish goes, I have to order the whole kit (front and back).

Are you saying I can order just the front, in Matte, for less ?

Thanks !

20. Waflsk8s

Waflsk8s Active Member

are some only screen protectors vs. full body? which ones cover everything (kickstand, camera, etc)? what are worth covering?

21. PhantomSkinz Guru

PhantomSkinz Guru Active Member

You can order Matte Screens. That will only include screens. If you want more coverage, as our CS Rep thought you indicated, then you will need to purchase a Full Body kit.

Guru

22. ejchis

ejchis Well-Known Member

One thing I have found I really like about Phantom Skinz in the past was their excellent customer service. I'm sure this means what it says--that you should order the screen only and put a note in the appropriate box during your order requesting the matte screen cover.

When I had them do my install for my Tour, they had me put in the comments that I was shipping my Tour to them so that, when processing my order, they wouldn't ship me a skin. I actually shipped to them twice--trackball problems on the first phone--and they never accidentally shipped to me. I was surprised because it seems that could have been an easy mistake. Obviously, they actually read those notes when they process the orders.

23. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Hands Down, the best one is Boxwave! Clarivue is ok, but the Anti Glare one I got from them for the incredible was very Foggy, not nearly as good as the one I have on my iphone 3Gs from apple. My friend has the Anti Glare from Boxwave on his BB 9700, and it's the closest I've seen to the apple one, which IMO is the best i've ever used. I'd sit tight, either Boxwave or steinheil should have them listed soon...

24. MyFishWagon

Thanks Guru. Just placed my order for the front piece only. I specified in the notes section that I wanted a Matte screen.

Thanks again ! :)

25. spridell

spridell Well-Known Member

+1 for Boxwave.

I put Boxwave protectors on all of my stuff. Phones, Digital camera, Ipod, i use them for everything.